Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vintage Posche Bag?

Vintage Porsche Bag? Collectible? Value?

Has anyone seen one of these and can tell me what era it came from. The extensive documenation that came with my '68 912 was inside this bag when I bought it and am curious if it is actually circa 1968.

Thanks, Farrell
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Ruby911; 11-22-2011 at 03:04 AM.

Yes, I have an identical bag. May be associated with factory delivery, that's how I got mine with my 912 in April, 1968.
    -Richard
    1968 912 Sunroof, Irish Green (original owner)
    1985 911, Prussian Blue (sold)
    2010 Carrera 4S, Porsche Racing Green

Thanks Richard - That would make sense. There is some documentation that came with the car that would suggest it was a factory delivered car (Temporary Tourist Auto Insurance documents, Shipping BOLs, etc).

If anyone is interested in buying it let me know. I have no idea of the value.

thanks,
    Farrell
    Last edited by Ruby911; 11-21-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Farrell,
    I'd be interested in buying....depending on $.
    Thanks.
    Steve

Way COOL!!

Hi Ruby911,

Wonderful bag. It was factory delivered on tourist delivery cars (cars picked up at the factory) during the 1968 year. Apparently it contained a blanket but perhaps the original documentation instead? I saw one last year selling for euros 500 (Schorndorf swap meet).

Milou / Registry #884
    www.ecurielyford.com

Thanks for all of the feedback and info on this item. It has really been a surprise to find out what it actually is as it has been sitting on my closet for the past year. In fact, I almost gave it to my 6 year old daughter because she thought it would be a cool purse. I have had 7 people inquire with interest in purchasing the bag, which I will sell, but I am letting each person decide on yes/no in the order I recieved thier inquiry. If these 7 all pass, I will be listing it in the far sale section here on the registry.

Thanks, Farrell

Some more pics I took for those interested...
    Attached Images Attached Images     

71-911T (David) - please let me know if you are getting my PMs. It appears to be sending them, but none of my sent PMs, including the ones I sent to everyone yesterday, are appearing in my sent box.

If you inquired about the bag and did not get a PM from me, please let me know at fmartin@prenova.com. I dont want people to think I am ignoring the inquiries.

- Farrell

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby911 View Post
    none of my sent PMs, including the ones I sent to everyone yesterday, are appearing in my sent box.
    You have to set up your preferences to save copies of messages in the sent box, it is not saved by default.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers