Thread: FS Special 380mm "RS" RSR" Extended Hub Thick Grip Steering Wheel

FS Special 380mm "RS" RSR" Extended Hub Thick Grip Steering Wheel

Needing a better turn-in folks,

This "ad" is for one special extended hub steering wheel as pictured: Here is a very nice "RS" "RSR" steering wheel with beautiful hand stitched thick grip, ~3 3/4", ~95mm, luxurious leather. As OEM, cross stitching on wheel and baseball stitch on short spoke pieces. This wheel is specially made using Cornpanzer's (on this list) "extended hub kit" and an OEM 380mm wheel. Note the wheel appears thicker than actual due to photo perspective but see how now you have plenty of room for your fingers (sorry for dusty dash). This is perfect for moving the wheel away from the dash, especially needed for SWB cars but good for LWB too. Price in US including shipping and handling $900. Outside of US price with shipping and handling is $975. Available for immediate shipping. Price does NOT include butterfly "horn button" which is not available, sorry. Please email directly to DrRSR@aol.com.
    Thanks.
    -Allen-
    PS Please pass on to your friends as, generally, I only post on this knowledgeable list.
    Edit: I've added a picture of an identical wheel I made that has been on a VERY NICE LWB car for some time now.
    ]

Attached Images Attached Images

Allen - I'm still trying to figure out where the hell you got all these wheels and how many gremlins you employ to recover them.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Do you cover these in black leather, or just the grey pictured on the SWB? I've seen a few recovered wheels over the years but I've yet to see one covered in a leather that is dark like original.

In any event, beautiful workmanship.

Cheers,
    Mike

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    absolutely stunning.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

I truly appreciate the comments and rhetorical questions...

Regarding the leather-work, I can't claim fame to that but it is the consistent and well-paid for work (IMHO) and deservedly so of my "secret source," as to how do I get all these wheels question from my "Bay Area neighbor" Bob Tilton, well, frankly, I work at it! ..there was a request to Cornpanzer for his drawings for the extended hub..on another thread...I don't remember how it was responded to but IMHO (again) Dave "Cornpanzer's drawings for his hubs are IP (intellectual property) He may make a few bucks (it can't be much) on these hubs he designed and had machined and then sold and then I bought. anyway..for those so inclined..you get the point. Anyway even though this was just posted..time for somebody to buy this very nice steering wheel After all is is almost Christmas! Thanks!

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 11-22-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibmiked View Post
    Do you cover these in black leather, or just the grey pictured on the SWB? I've seen a few recovered wheels over the years but I've yet to see one covered in a leather that is dark like original.

In any event, beautiful workmanship.

Cheers,
    Mike
    The pics of the leather may, somehow on some monitors/screens, appear gray but the leather is BLACK; thanks for questioning this. Thanks.

-Allen-
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 11-22-2011 at 07:41 PM.