Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Body plastic plugs

Body plastic plugs

Where can you buy the 8mm/9mm white plastic plugs for the floor of the 911 think there are 12 in total all the ones that run down the middle of the tunnel
    and the outside of the floor
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Did they use white plastic plugs in the 72?

My 69 had rubber plugs in the floor pan but only has the drains on the outside of the floor 6 in total, going into the cavity where the seat rail cavity is.

I think 69 and earlier cars didn't have the drains in the center tunnel.

If they are the same as mine I ended up getting VW beetle apron plugs, which are an exact match for what came out of the car.

If you need a photo or part number I can check on both when I get home next week.

Tony

I've been looking for these also Clyde.
    The VW part # plugs run around the outside perimeter. They are black and the head is about the size of a nickle. Very soft thin rubber.

Please post what you find. I'm looking for a complete set of body plugs for my '72 as I put it back together.
    - Josh
    - '72 911t
    - '81 euro SC

My 1970 has rubber plugs down the tunnel and I was able to get them from stoddard a few years back. I would have to dig to find the part number.
    Jule

my 72 has black rubber plugs.
    there is no listing in PET for a replacement.
    however,
    stoddard sells a superceded part 999-703-013-50 "rubber plug" @ $0.87.
    this plug is listed as a fan shroud air duct plug, but is identical to the floor pan plug as far as i can tell.
    IIRC,its what i used.
    maybe purchase one to be sure, stoddards shipping costs are very reasonable for small items
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cabell View Post
    I've been looking for these also Clyde.
    The VW part # plugs run around the outside perimeter. They are black and the head is about the size of a nickle. Very soft thin rubber.
    Did you obtain thses Rick if so do you have a part number for me
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Clyde, I have the part # at home. I'll get it ASAP. Order them from a VW dealer they are half the price.

I am looking for a source to purchase the one big rubber plug in the smuggaler box. Is this plug one that someone has a supplier for?

Thanks in advance
    Curt

Hi Clyde,

Stoddard has a whole page/section of plastic body plugs in their catalog.

The center tunnel plugs are rubber...round button with center hole on outside and conical tip inside...slightly bigger but same shape as the VW rear apron plugs.

Rumor has it that Terry Morehouse of internatinal Mercantile was making these tunnel plugs.

Now to start an argument.....one day at EASY Jim and I crawled around looking at 911 pans.....Karmanns had the plugs...Porsche/Reuter had no plugs or holes!

My '69 Karmann 911 and 912 both have those plugs.
    Mark Smedley
    '59 VW Typ I
    '69 911T 2.7
    '86 930
    '04 GT3
    '16 Boxster GTS
    '08 MBZ AMG CLK 63 Black Series