Thread: Turn Signal Bulb Question

Turn Signal Bulb Question

I ordered some bulbs according to PET and Pelican for my front and rear turn signals.

According to both sources, front and rear turn signals should have a single filament bulb (900.631.127.90), while brake light itself should have dual filaments.

Well, I removed the first lens, left front, and lo and behold the turn signal bulb currently in there is the dual filament bulb. I was ready to replace it with the single filament bulb when I noticed stamped into the housing next to the socket is "USA 21/5W", which is the dual filament bulb. Sure enough after removing the bulb I see the two metal tabs at the socket base for the dual filament bulb.

So, why is the PET/Pelican recommending what appears to be the wrong bulb, or better said, am I missing something?

Thanks

Bryce
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

I think they're giving you bulbs for a SWB.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I think it's another 69ism...step child on the 65-69 PET as the first LWB. I've found there are a few other odds and end small parts that are wrong in the PET for 69 as well.

At any rate, everyone be aware that the PET and parts houses that follow it with their ordering system have the wrong bulbs listed for the front turn signals. Each front turn signal requires one dual filament bulb (21W/5W), which is the same as the rear brake light (NOT the rear turn signals/backup lights which are single filament 21W).
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Could someone tell me the bulb number for the front dual filament turn signal/clearance? I also ordered from Pelican but didnt get the right ones. Ive tried 1057,1157 and 7528. In each case the brighter filiment comes on with the side marker and the dimmer filiment with the turn signal/hazard. If i turn the bulbs 180 degrees they work as they should but arent secure.

Thanks
    Darren
    1969 911E Ossie Blau
    Member 2905

Bryce,
    Posted this bulb chart last year, if you will remember. In that chart, it calls out the same bulb for parking light, front turn signal, tail light, and stop light. Find the P/N-application on the first page, bulb numbers on the next three pages. I think the second heading under "application" should read "911 912 thru 68".

N17 7382 BULB, 12 Volt, 21/5 Watt. (7528) (1034) 900 631 129 90

Darren, wires crossed?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...9&d=1364321434
    Last edited by SIMI BOB; 07-30-2014 at 05:12 PM.