Thread: Messko tire gauge help

Messko tire gauge help

Anyone know if these gauges can be repaired?

I recently bought this one on ebay because it was described as "in good working order" and looked to be in very good condition.
    The honest seller checked it before he shipped it, and found that it no longer worked (needle does not move) and offered a refund.

I'm wondering if any of these old gauges are accurate even if the needle does move.

Maybe its just a "display" piece for the $200 I would have invested.

Thanks,
    Bud
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    70E Albert Blue
    Member #1906

Call North Hollywood speedometer, if anyone can fix it, they can.
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

I personally wouldn't rely on this item even if it did work. I have a couple of non working ones, but since they are really just a toolkit item I wouldn't go through the process, and it's really just for "looks" in your toolkit anyway.

BTW, the relay you want is the yellow one (I just remembered you sent me an email, and I just found out the answer). I don't have a pic right now, but will send you one.

Eric

member #1515
    The Draegers were pretty accurate. I lost mine sometime back and still miss it. I now use an old racing one. The electronic units are junk.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

I know. This has been answered a thousand times. So, don't bother answering if you don't want to. I have a chrome one in a black leather case. I believe it is from a 1958 356. When were the red ones issued?

Also, any sources of replacement glass covers? I know. Hens teeth - or North Hollywood or Palo Alto. Just asking anyway since we're almost on the subject. :-)

Thanks to all for the thoughts.

The seller offered to give it to me for half the bid price, so I'll see it soon.
    I may try to fix it... I like the old stuff whether it works or not......

Thanks Eric, I'll keep an eye out for anther yellow relay, that one passed me bye.

70E Albert Blue
    Member #1906

How do you remove the glass on the Messko gauges? I see there is a metal ring that expands just inside the glass to keep it tight. Do you have to unscrew the end of the gauge (where the red dot of paint is) to disassemble?
    1974 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1975 Turbo 3.0 | 1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI Sondermodell | 2012 Cayenne S
    GONE >> 1975 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1977 Turbo 3.0 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 | 2004 GT3