Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Show me '68L or TR interiors...please

Show me '68L or TR interiors...please

I will be pulling the trigger on a set of 911R seats from Vintage Seats soon. I am very much interested in seeing an original or restored to original seat material combos. I want cord centers BUT undecided on perf or smooth vinyl bolsters. I need to see 68 interiors running elephant hyde dashes and/or door panels. My thoughts at this time are to do cord/smooth vinyl because I do not want to introduce another material/texture/pattern such as perf as it would clutter the interior and make it less unified. However, I could be persuaded to do perf bolsters based on sample pics.

The other detail I am looking at are the headrests. The very original '68 sport seat that I recently sold had cord centers and perf bolsters WITH cord centers for the headrests and smooth vinyl on the sides.

Show 'em to me...please and thanks.
    _B
    Sent from a pay phone

888888 eL, Oph'eL'ia

Instagram: werk_crew
    www.werkcrew.com
    www.werkcrew.tumblr.com
    www.handofwinter.tumblr.com

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    this too is in my short term goals.. subscribed.

what i am leaning towards is either the vintage seats R or the nurburgring from classic car seats. smooth vinyl with cord inserts (murdered out.. black on black), in order to go with my interior (my 68 does not have elephant hide, but the normal finish). for head rests I am either going to reuse the ones from my stock seats (if thats doable?) or get all vinyl. but that being said, im not firm on any of those details and always keeping an eye out.

my main concern as i posted before is finding a seat that can fit my 'husky' frame, and isnt too deep/high on the bolsters -its gotta hold me but i dont want to struggle to get in and out of it.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

If the materials were available to replicate Rennman's '68 interior, that would be pretty swell.

Those seats in elephant hide are drool-worthy.

Pics courtesy of Mr. Goriup, post #1313: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...e-Day-!!/page3
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT

Quote Originally Posted by bob tilton View Post
    The other detail I am looking at are the headrests. The very original '68 sport seat that I recently sold had cord centers and perf bolsters WITH cord centers for the headrests and smooth vinyl on the sides.
    Hi Bob,

I think it's a question of the headrest: D-shaped headrrest corduroy, peanut headrest leatherette.
    Name:  6100646000_8cc034ab37_b.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  99.5 KB
    Detail photos of the corduroy of my original unmolested Recaro Rallye (the right on in the picture above) are here
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post540225 Post #309

Hi Bob

These photos are of the Hamilton '68 TR interior (photos - Jeff Eelkema). You can see they are perf with houndstooth (probably doesn't help you )
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    John Forcier
    EarlyS #1987
    1968 911 Race Car "Grun Hilda"
    1969 S/T interpretation "Blau Healer"
    Restoration Saga

Bruce O'Neil's recent '68 T/"R" had reproduction TRE seats covered in smooth vinyl and cord centers with brass eyes. No headrests, but holes for them. Looked good, although perf might be more "correct." D headrests were used in some '72 and the earlier cars. Peanuts came into use in '72.
    Randy Wells
    Automotive Writer/Photographer/Filmmaker
    www.randywells.com/blog
    www.hotrodfilms.com

Early S Registry #187

Quote Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
    If the materials were available to replicate Rennman's '68 interior, that would be pretty swell.

Those seats in elephant hide are drool-worthy.

Pics courtesy of Mr. Goriup, post #1313: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...e-Day-!!/page3
    For surfing ease, here's one of the pics (I trust John doesn't mind the re-post. If so, let me know and I'll delete.):

Bob you have given so much to this community it is great to give some back- photos attached of Damon (Series900) 68L in original state (try finding one in original state!) enjoy
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Bob,

Not sure if you are going for authenticity but R seats ie Scheels would not have perforated bolsters where a pedistal Recaro would. The R Scheels would also have grommets in the cord where the Recaro would not. There are still pics on my site of the orange TA under past to see the R seats in cord with the grommets! If you decide on smooth door panels I need those elephant hide ones that you have. Good luck.

Don
    Last edited by Rennman; 12-05-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: pics added

Bob,

Here is the "Ferrari/GT" seat in my '67.

John

Image by Randy Wells
    1959 356 Coupe, 1600 Super, sold
    1960 356 Roaster, race car, SCCA, sold
    1960 356 Roadster, show car, sold.
    1962 356 Cab, show car, sold.
    1965 911 #301111, Red Book Vol 1 "Cover Car," owned 54 years.
    1967 911 #307347, bare-bones, some road wear, a little surface rust, and a few dents..., owned 14 years.
    1970 914/6GT, (Sold - ran the last three Rennsports)owned 30 years.

Photography Site: JohnStraubImageWorks.com

Registry #983
    R Gruppe #741