Thread: F/S: Blaupunkt New Yorker Radio AM/SW/FM Signal Seek

F/S: Blaupunkt New Yorker Radio AM/SW/FM Signal Seek

F/S: Top of the line Blaupunkt New Yorker Radio. Radio is 3-band plus the signal seek function. Push buttons are chrome. Blaupunkt made this style of New Yorker Radio from 1965 - 1969. This radio was made in the 1967 - 1968 time period. The radio is untested. Price $299.95 + reasonable shipping. I can e-mail pictures if interested. John jlinden374@sbcglobal.net

Interested, email sent!
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender
    70S Silver, original Slate Gray Japan delivery

The signal seek feature is very unique in this time period. I have only seen this on Blaupunkts and Bekkers of the day.

Olin

I thought that the Frankfurt was the top of the line Blaupunkt and when it came with the 'magic' signal search feature it was called a Koln.
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

Also interested, PM sent

Quote Originally Posted by wesjs View Post
    Also interested, PM sent
    I bought it, sorry.
    One of the very hard to find pieces to complete the resto of my 67S.
    PM me if pictures would be of any help. I have never seen this for sale before and did not think I would find it in years.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender

The Frankfurt was not the top of the line. It was a high quality 3-band radio during the 50s and 60s, but not the top of the line. The Koln was the 3-band with signal seeker. I have also seen that radio called ed the Super Export. For the USA market, beginning in 1965, they changed the 3-band signal seeker radio to the name New Yorker. In the overseas markets, they continued to use the name Koln. The 1963 - 1965 Koln for the US market was AM/FM & Marine Band with FM to 108. The 1965 - 1968 New Yorker was AM/FM Short Wave Band. FM went to 108. There may be variations I am not aware of but I have owned a lot of these radios over the years and this is the best of my knowledge. Cheers! John

In 1965 there was a Koln US version. In 66 the New Yorker replaced it. Its hard to tell when the new face with the blue dot started and the old one ended but some had it in 67. Ive had New Yorkers with both style faces.
    Last edited by 66S; 12-10-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by varunan123 View Post
    scheifer

you may want to trade for the koln unless your car was a us delivery-the new yorker is a us radio and koln is for europe.

raj
    Hi Raj,
    My car is a US delivery, so the plan until now has been to stay true to what the Kardex says. I did not know Köln was the same radio.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Schiefer; 05-22-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    S-Reg #1382
    67S Lavender