This is an 86 3.2 with about 170K miles, shown here in my 73. it runs very strong but I believe it needs a top end done. I was going to do it this winter, but now I'm considering just saving for a 3.6.

Price is $4800 + shipping, noting the following:

Motor pulled from my old 86, put on a stand, exchangers pulled and the motor thoroughly, 6 cans of brake kleen and a lot of elbow grease, cleaned.

Short studs were installed for George's 1 5/8 headers. All studs came out easily. Amazed. If you wanted to go back to factory exchangers, it would be cake.

New DME sensors and head temp were installed. Plugs only needed cleaning and re-installed. Al oil return tubes with new seals were installed. New fan belt.

What it does not come with:
Headers and muffler
Driver heat block-off
DME and body wiring harness
Sheetmetal
Vacuum system for Carrera brakes, though I think I have the special tubes in storage. This is blocked off neatly at the air flow meter.

On needing a top end: While in the 86, car didn't smoke and ran strong. Putting the headers on and a Steve Wong chip designed for 93 octane and the headers/sport muffler, it started to smoke. First, on warm up, it's burning oil that has gotten past the seals. After that burns off, it runs fairly clean, but not 100%. There is still a little blue coming out the back on very heavy acceleration. Some on Pelican, including Steve Wong, have counseled that this is fairly normal with my set-up. My sense is it still needs a top end even though oil consumption is normal. It's burning a quart every 800 miles. But the smoke is still there.

Please ask questions, especially in terms of what comes with it and what doesn't. My hope is someone local can come and drive it. If you do, you'll see what I mean. It's got some smoke, but it's terribly fast!