Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need help with a possible buy...

Need help with a possible buy...

Does anyone knows this car?
    I was looking for a longhood hot rod and found this ad...
    http://www.carsauto.com/inventory.ph...e=bymm&Submit=
    What do you guys think about it?
    Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Daniel Klajmic; 01-04-2012 at 02:15 AM.

Don't know the car, but it's been there a while and posted here at least once (post link). It was $65K back in March. Best wishes for your car search.

The car is well put together and if you are looking for this type of hot-rod it could be a fun ride. It drives nicely as a result of the injected 3.2L and updated suspension.
    It's lacking a lot of originality, but it is a non S/R '72 chassis (with sport seats) which is cool.
    Not sure how firm the asking price is. Ask to speak to the owner (Walter) if you have the opportunity.

Good luck!
    Kent
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

assuming the body isn't filled with bondo...that appears to be a sweet car at a great price. Best of all worlds, best 911 body with the best 911 powerplant/ trans. (is it a g50?)

Thanks guys...its a 915 trans...just sent an offer...lets see(fingers crossed)!!!

These guys are actually extremely nice. They are not "flippers" as they are mostly a consignment shop. This one happens to belong to the owner. The car's detail is stunning - the photos do not do it justice at all. There is some touchup paint on the front valence but the gaps are great, the paint is great, the raydyots look great.. the interior is slightly worn but amazing detail on the roll bar and finish, etc.
    The owner restored the car in 2007 It was listed at $58k in June. He lists his investment $118K, but I suppose you could possibly recreate a facsimile of this one for $35K if you did a lot of the work yourself. I doubt he will discount it much more as it is an attention grabber for the shop, which is on a high traffic commuter street. The sales guys may not respond via email, but in person they will probably tell you the bottom line. Although many are priced very high, I have actually seen some amazing deals go through that shop. But again - go see it in person, you will be amazed. Plenty of other stuff to see including an RS. I hope it sticks around Northern California.

What's the story on the Fuchs wheels?
    http://www.nbdgraphics.com
    73/83/93 RS clone, 3.6

They are 16"
    E911SR & RGRUPPE
    '65 911 "The Ol' Gal" (long gone)
    '73 S Coupe #306

I've seen the car, and met Walter a bunch of times, I visit the bay area on business 3-4 times a year and always stop in.....the car is very nice, if you like the look/color scheme.....I think if it fits your idea of a hot rod, you will enjoy having it....

good luck with the offer.

L
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

Must be the angle, the paint scheme on the 16x6s looks odd.
    http://www.nbdgraphics.com
    73/83/93 RS clone, 3.6