Thread: Temporary Indoor Storage in Northwest Washington Area?

Temporary Indoor Storage in Northwest Washington Area?

Well after a two year process (and nearly 10 years saving and thinking about taking the plunge), I'm finally nearing the end of the restoration of my first Porsche. A 1970 E. Other than paint to sample, it's a fairly standard model. But as it's my fist, it's rather very special to me.

For those who may have seen my earlier thread just prior to the engine work, I was on the fence w.r.t. what to do with the period correct but non-matching engine. See post here: http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...pinions-Please!
    After some debate we decided to go with a 2.7RS spec.

The time has almost come to pick her up. Well actually since it's winter and the car is still in southern CA, I'm going to arrange to have it shipped up (those wonderful roads along the coast will have to wait). That is after I fly down next week to pick up the documentation needed and drive it for the first time!!! Here's a picture.

Name:  DSC_0059_2.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  171.4 KB

I'm currently weighing my options about delivery. As this was a full restoration, I'm hesitant to let the trucking company drop it off in an outdoor holding yard while I arrange to bring the car across the boarder into Canada. I might be able to convince the trucker to contact me when he's close and meet up with him in order to drive it across but if the rain is coming down or worse, snow, I'd really like to have a plan B and temporarily put the car indoors until I can get a day when the weather is improved.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows a place where I might be able to utilize to keep my car safe until I'm ready to bring it the rest of the way home, that would be much appreciated. I'm willing to pay necessary storage and any other costs involved in the event I need to put plan B into action.

Thank you in advance.
    Marc C.
    1970E

Marc

pm me, i may be able to help. What is that color and is it in San diego?

Reza

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Car looks great if I were you i'd post on Pelican ,there is a shop I used in NW Seattle that caters to porsche bmw and some british and
    either a tech or the owner posts on the bird,guys handle is British Tool or Brit Mechanic can't recall but he was very helpful to me a few
    years back when we were bringing a car the opposite way and awaiting pickup by the US trucker...Bert
    Also maybe touch base with Eric Linden (Soteric) on ESR he may be able to point the way ,lives /works in the area
    Last edited by budge96; 01-05-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Unhappy

I got some bad news about my car today. During the shakedown the engine developed a problem and the result is she may have broken a crank. I had planned to fly down to LA tomorrow to drive her myself when I got the call. Bummer to say the least.

They've removed the engine to tear it down and diagnose the problem but unfortunately it looks like yet another delay. Won't know for sure how much time this may add until the engine is apart.

I'll post an update when I get some good news.

Thanks for all the suggestions and offers of storage space anyway. I'll repost when the time comes.

Before. Dec 24th just after it was bolted in for the first time. (after to come. And the red shroud will be changed out for a proper green one):
    Name:  DSC_0040_4.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  161.0 KB
    Marc C.
    1970E

Marc

Will you pm me (timr51@comcast.net). I put a deposit on a car at the same shop and wanted to ask a few questions.

Thanks
    67 911
    60 Cab
    55 Speedster
    72 911T

Quote Originally Posted by timryan View Post
    Marc

Will you pm me (timr51@comcast.net). I put a deposit on a car at the same shop and wanted to ask a few questions.

Thanks
    Email sent.
    Marc C.
    1970E