Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sno*Drift Rally 2012

Sno*Drift Rally 2012

JANUARY 27/28 (FRI/SAT) It's that time of year again and if you've ever considered checking out North America's premier snow rally, this would be the year to do it. There are an incredible 70 teams registered (recent years past were less than 50). On top of that, 7 Special Stages have been added for a total of 25. I really don't know how we're going to fit it all into 2 days. I'll be co-driving the course-closing car again and it looks to be an exhausting weekend to say the least.

OFFICIAL SNO*DRIFT WEBSITE

RALLY AMERICA ENTRY LIST

Also, a friend of mine (who won 3 national championships in the 80s) has come out of retirement and will be running his newly built Plymouth Fire Arrow! His team will be headquartered at the Midwest R Gruppe compound. There's a good podcast interview on Tech House & Speed this week talking about the good old days:

Tech House & Speed Steve Nowicki Interview

And an older interview here:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3MvqVu7igUc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

aa+IMGP6699.jpg

Now we just need some snow! It was 50 and sunny today

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post

Now we just need some snow! It was 50 and sunny today
    Bite your tongue!

We need ice too by next month.
    Brian

'71T
    R Gruppe #299

There were waves crashing onto the beach at our usual ice racing lake here yesterday!

Does that mean the ice racing was canceled???
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

That first turn really sucked yesterday ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Curt finally started making ice up here. There is about 3 inches on the small inland lakes. Hauled out the fishing shanty and started sticking Pike and Musky last friday. What a strange winter it's been so far. The snow belt there in Atlantia has about 3-4 inches on the ground with more on the way.
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Bill - are you going to SnoDrift? If so, look for us in the black GTi at the service parks. I replaced the axles, rotors, pads over the weekend (completely fried from LSPR). About 20 more items on the 'To Do' list but should be plenty of time. Looks like lots of snow coming starting the end of the week. We're staying at Lewiston Lodge (south side of the lake) and the rest of the guys are staying at Bill G's cabin at Canada Creek.
    Last edited by CurtEgerer; 01-09-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Yeah,,,it did look a little slushy
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

I thought that we were going to be able to make a quick trip out this year for the Sno*Drift, but I just found out Mason has exams on the 27th. Damn.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Hey Curt Iam in . Have togo to Chicogo this week sometime to pick up a Supper Duty for one of my customers. Are you going to be up thursday or friday? Who else from the Gruppe? Cornpanzer from the Butteye state maybe? Waite Waite don't tell me, too much cold right now EH! It's been making ice like crazzy up here,not much snow and snodrifts are scarce. Be diffrent from that first we attended many years ago. I got your number will call ya later in the week. Thats if your voice mail is not full.
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress