Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SoCal All-Porsche Swap and Car Display, Sunday – March 4th, 2012

SoCal All-Porsche Swap and Car Display, Sunday – March 4th, 2012

SoCal All-Porsche Swap and Car Display, Sunday – March 4th, 2012

The All-Porsche Swap & Car Display will again be held on the day after the Lit Meet on Sunday, March 4th at the Phoenix Club in Anaheim. It’s located at 1340 South Sanderson, Anaheim, CA 92806, about a mile from the old Dunkel Brothers site. See http://www.thephoenixclub.com/ for details on this German American Club. This will be our third year at this site and we’ve really grown into it.

Event sponsor, the 356 Club of Southern California will have indoor vendor displays in the FestHalle with 11,500 feet under one roof! Outdoors, we have about 2 acres of room for more vendors, swappers and large grass soccer field for car corrals. Parking has been an issue as this event has grown, but we have solved that problem and we’ll have plenty of parking available to Porsche nuts within 50 meters of the main entrance.

This event will take us back to a simpler time in a very unique setting; to a time when the Internet was not your primary source for used Porsche parts; a time when the local Southern California Porsche owner's gathered each winter to swap, fender fondle, see old friends and appreciate the breed. There will be vendors dedicated to our Porsche hobby and plenty of swap space will be available. If you have a car for sale, bring it and put a sign and information sheet in the window and sell it.

Each car coming in for Porsche display parking will make a donation of $20, so pile as many of your friends in the car as you can! The gates open to the Porsche parking on the grounds of the Phoenix Club at 8 AM. Seeing all the Porsche's parked there will be incredible! The walk-in gate will be open at 8:00 AM and admission will be $10. Breakfast and lunch with a German flavor will be available from open to close. Be sure you stop by the Bierstube to finish off the day. For those wanting to stay in the area of the Phoenix Club on Saturday night, we suggest the AYRES HOTEL ANAHEIM, 2550 E. Katella Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92806 (714) 634-2106.

Swappers will make a $40 donation per space taken on a first come first served basis at the gate on the morning of the event. Indoor vendor space also be available for $60 donation per space taken, but must be reserved by February 16h, 2012. For Vendor display information and reservations, contact Bob Lee at Robert.b.lee@cox.net or 619-518-8645. Swapper and vendors will be able to come in and begin set up at 6 AM. A portion of the proceeds will go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (http://www.cff.org/).

So, we'll look forward to seeing you and your Porsche Sunday, March 4th, 2012. Bring whatever money you have leftover from the Literature Meet, your Porsche, Porsche friends and join us for a celebration of Porsche! Breakfast and lunch will be available, so plan to spend the day soaking in the glory that is Porsche. Watch for updates and for information; contact Jeff Trask at NO911NV@aol.com or 949-697-4499 or Pete McNulty at pmcnulty98@aol.com or 949-400-9319. Let us know how you want to be involved!
    Last edited by Jeff Trask; 01-11-2012 at 09:45 AM.
    Various Porsche's

Thumbs up Event Accommodations

The Early S Registry (thanks again to John Dilger) has scored our usual block of rooms for Sat. night, March 3rd, at the Ayres Hotel that puts you right buy the swap for the next morning on Sunday the 4th.

Get them while they are still availed at our special rate.
    And be sure to mention PORCHE WEEKEND RATE

Hotel Information for the All Porsche Car Display and Swap Meet at The Phoenix Club
    Ayres Hotel Anaheim
    2550 E. Katella Ave.
    Anaheim, CA 92806
    714-634-2106/2108
    www.ayreshotels.com
    The hotel is ½ mile from the Phoenix Club. We have 24 rooms reserved for Saturday night March 3. The reservation deadline is Feb. 3. Call the hotel directly to make reservations, ask for the Porsche Weekend rate. Payment will be made by your credit card. If you have a trailer or large truck, call Tanny Yee at 714-385-1511 to make parking arrangements. Full American Breakfast, Parking and WiFy are free.
    $119.00 Single/Double
    $129.00 Triple/Quad
    $159.00 One Bedroom Suite
    $179.00 Two Bedroom Suite
    More news to come on the Friday open houses, Lit Fair, parties, Swap ‘Drive to/parking,’…. And more……. Stay tuned
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hi

Chuck

Is this a good swap meet? I would guess its maybe the largest in the country?

I went to the Hersey meet for the first time and it was smaller then expected. Of course the weather did not help the event, it rained big time.

But, not a lot of vendors on good used parts, some new vendors but I am not interested in new parts or after market stuff.

Then I made the Stoddard show in Cleveland and it was very small, mostly 356, both shows had very small car corrals.

Regards for insight...
    Bill

1966 Polo Red 912
    1978 Ice Green 930 Coupe (under construction)
    1988 GP White 911 Coupe (White Knight) Daily Driver

Hey, Bill . . .

The Phoenix Club Show is taking over for the old Dunkel Bros Show --- which had to move when Peter Dunkel sold the property. The event that Mr Dunkel hosted was pretty much THE SHOW to go to, Porsche-wise, here in SoCal, with The Literature Show taking place the day-before. The Lit Show has been going on for at least the last 20 years and, if you like that kinda stuff, over-the-top. Lotsa cars to ogle out in the lot, too.

Anyway, The Phoenix Club Show's going on its 3rd year, I believe, and its been picking up steam. I went two years ago --- too crowded to get in, last year --- but, off the top of my head, there were at least 100 Porsches inside the venue, with about as many parked out. Not talking just late-model/fresh off-the-lot street cars, but 356s, Long-hoods, race cars, hot rods, restorations --- the works. There're also a bunch of vendors (engine builders, component vendors, panel & fab guys, etc) inside a convention hall and a pretty decent Swap Meet going on outside. Cars for sale, food to eat, conversations to be had, pictures to be taken.

Weather's usually mild --- 70s, spring-time.

I thought it was pretty well-attended, crowded even, and that was two years ago. (This year? I'll be out front at 6:00 AM . . . not missing it.)

HTH

Rick

We Can Be Heroes

Thumbs up

What Rick said Bill.......

Without Ventura to go to, this has turned into our SoCal swap of the year...... Good stuff, great cars, and even greater people......

Be there or be square......
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

And the parking has been solved. Phoenix Club is actually closing to its members this year on our date to give us hundreds of extra parking spaces. It's going to be even bigger and they want us to hang around for many years to come!
    Last edited by Jeff Trask; 01-17-2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Various Porsche's

Thanks

Thanks guys .....I am going for sure. You say a lit show too on Sat, great.

Rick, maybe I can shake you hand....if I can find you.

Bill
    Bill

1966 Polo Red 912

Bump

will be my 3rd time there

Quote Originally Posted by wgwollet View Post
    . . . Rick, maybe I can shake your hand....if I can find you . . .
    Bill ---- glad you wanna come out! . . . I'll be lookin' for you, too.

. . . and, just in case . . .

Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by LongRanger; 02-14-2012 at 12:20 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Hey, thanks for photo, I see your somewhat of a long hair like me....Great, I got your cell and will call you a few days before.

Bill
    Bill

1966 Polo Red 912