Thread: OOPS! 911 parts car

OOPS! 911 parts car

I purchased a 67 swb soft window Targa for parts,which was supposed to be a 911 originally from Belgium, nice car. The car was then sold to the owner I bought it from in 1987 in Los Angeles then driven to Toronto.
    Turns out after removing the lower dash cover the vin # was changed 30+ years ago, its a 550xxx a 912 swb Targa. Interior, body and soft window accessories very good condition including 4.5 fuchs, 3 of 5.
    I just wanted to know if the chassis and body are the same as the 911.
    Rolling chasis only motor and transmission to follow I hope.
    Can post some pictures if that helps.
    This is the second 67 parts car I purchased the number had been changed must be an epidemic, or just a dumb plumber!
    Thanks

Does the car have the Targa bar trim pieces (moldings/strips)? Are you planning to sell them?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p72f75 View Post
    Does the car have the Targa bar trim pieces (moldings/strips)? Are you planning to sell them?
    thanks
    Car has all the pieces really nice 912!! I am restoring a 67s softie so not sure what parts I will use yet. Some parts may be available in 7-10yrs lol

7 to 10 years? I can wait My car is under restoration since 2001... Going to the upholstery shop next week. Good luck with your car.

post some pictures share the misery!

Does anyone know if the chassis & body parts for a 911 & 912 are the same?
    Thanks

yes, except for the motor mounts and dash face.
    bob moglia
    '72 E sunroof coupe

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    the chasis is the same, except motor mounts.

the other differences are : Engine (duh), gear box (different gears), gauges (911 had a few combo gauges that were different than a 912).

other differences were not really differences but options.. which you could get on 911 and 912.. (s trim, sports seats, fuchs, different carpet and interior trim options etc). those arent differences between models though but options one could pay for whether you had a 911 or 912.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Great thanks for the information