Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fuchs wheels color for 2.7 RS

Fuchs wheels color for 2.7 RS

Hello,

This my first post. I am a Porsche lover from Germany. I have an original RS in restoration (911 360 0385) grand prix white/green lettering. It took me about 2 years to get all parts correct and I went through every detail, even including light weight horn butterfly, which was missing when I bought the car. Now I have a question regarding the wheels. The car originally was ordered with 6" and 7" - have a copy of the original order - and later before the car was delivered the future owner decided to get 7" and 8" instead. The factory said that it was too late for production somewhow, but confirmed that the wheels - together with the roll cage - would be changed in the motorsport department prior to delivery. Anyway... does anybody know if the colored wheels are painted in the same color on the opposite site and where the tire is mounted or where there originally painted in black?
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Early 911s Registry # 2049

'73 Carrera RS Touring, # 1346
    '89 Carrera Club Sport, white
    '91 Carrera RS, white
    2010 997 GT3 RS MK2, slate grey

Someone will know the answer here. I just wanted to say that you have the most ausgezeichnet collection of Porsches I could ever imagine.
    James Hurst #1638
    R Gruppe #514
    911T with 2.2S Ps and Cs, Solex grind Cams and PMO 40mm

Warm welcome to Koblenz, Oliviero!

As far as I know the wheels were painted black inside, like on the lightweight RS in the factory museum:

Cheers,
    Christian
    RGruppe #649
    Early911S #1788

Gunnar does the backside in color as well: http://www.gunnarracing.com/project/1973RS/73rs-0531.htm

Name:  73rs-0531-03.jpg
Views: 662
Size:  67.5 KB

Harvey would be the one to trust on this one.
    Carl Bauer - OBP
    1979 RoW 911SC
    1969 Subaru 360 - 1969 Winkelmann WDF1 - 2016 KTM RC390

A friend of mine once showed me a pair of originals and I'm pretty sure they were painted on the backside as well...

Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

Wheels original to my RS, painted on backside, #1248
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Thank for the posts to my questions. Probably both - painted color and black - was done by Porsche. I actually asked now also the Fuchs company in Meinerzhagen who offer since last year a factory refurbish service for the wheels. They said the wheels were all painted balck on their side But then it is obvious that some RS have as well color all over.

'91 Carrera RS, white

Quote Originally Posted by zenithblue71T View Post
    Someone will know the answer here. I just wanted to say that you have the most ausgezeichnet collection of Porsches I could ever imagine.
    Thank you for the compliments!

'91 Carrera RS, white

The wheels were painted front, back, and in the tire area. The factory restorations frequently get it wrong by using a black centered wheel to start instead of a non painted wheel. I have refinished many original wheels that I use for reference.
    H
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 01-27-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliviero View Post
    Thank for the posts to my questions. Probably both - painted color and black - was done by Porsche. I actually asked now also the Fuchs company in Meinerzhagen who offer since last year a factory refurbish service for the wheels. They said the wheels were all painted balck on their side But then it is obvious that some RS have as well color all over.
    The black was put on by Fuchs. The color wheels came without paint from Fuchs. ie. 911 361 020 91=7X15 without "varnish"
    The paint was then put on at Porsche. There is no black under a factory color match wheel. Even up to 89....
    H