Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSR gearbox oil cooler pump install

RSR gearbox oil cooler pump install

Over the years I have collected all the bits -- the pump gears, casting, snorkle, pipe, gaskets an now hose... Now, does anyone out there in S land have a diagram, fitting mesurments etc, to put it all together? I'm figuring the factory had to have a buletin sometime or somewhere?

Thanks in advance

I believe the shop manual shows the fitting of the oil pump in the nose cone.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

The shop manual does show it, as Edmayo says. It shows the nose piece that does not use the front mounted cooler. However I believe the specifications are identical. I have copies of the instructions if you need them. Also I have the whole setup with the front cooler. I have some extra pieces also, hard and soft lines,steel fittings, and Argus fittings
    Mike

Install of pump and pump w/cooler are the same. All you have to figure out is where you want to put the cooler.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

there's a little about this with some pictures at the bottom of page 2 of my engine build, if it helps.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...i+engine+build
    cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

Thanks a lot. I will thumb through my manuals. And make sure I have it. The only part I DON'T HAVE is the cooler. I was planning on using a Setrab w fittings to match the factory hoses. I will likely put the cooler in the engine bay, like several of the privateer SC rally and factory SC/RS rally cars. Not the coolest place for it, but likely the safest? Alternative is rear wheel well?

The RSR puts it in the front of the drivers fender, basically a serpentine engine cooler. I could send a picture if it helps. The soft lines go from the trans to just in front of the swing
    arm on the driver side, hard lines from there to the front of the fender, short lines to the cooler.
    Last edited by mike curnow; 01-26-2012 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    Mike

I would love to see a picture. Thanks

Here's a picture of my RSR oil cooler loop. You'd think it would be a standard right hand loop turned round,
    sadly not as easy as that, it is specific for the RSR.

cheers, Mike
    Member#1664
    1972 911 S/RSR to Martini Prototype specification
    http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15294

cooler picture

Here is a picture of my cooler

Quote Originally Posted by mike curnow View Post
    The RSR puts it in the front of the drivers fender, basically a serpentine engine cooler. I could send a picture if it helps. The soft lines go from the trans to just in front of the swing
    arm on the driver side, hard lines from there to the front of the fender, short lines to the cooler.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Mike