Thread: Any R Gruppe Cars/Members in the Reno area?

Any R Gruppe Cars/Members in the Reno area?

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forum and would like to know if there are any R Gruppe members, or that style of car in the Reno area? As I look for my first Porsche, this style epitomizes everything I'm looking for in a Porsche.

Regards,

S-

I'm bombing around the 431 and Geiger Grade during the summer months in a bahama Yellow 69S. I know of a 70T in Genoa and a 70S in Reno. I saw a guy with a R model, not sure if it was real on a trailer heading out to Fernley a couple of times as well. Stop by the Sport Haus and they will give you the skinny on the autocrosses and stuff going on out here. Spectre 431 is in June

Quote Originally Posted by NV Stig View Post
    I'm bombing around the 431 and Geiger Grade during the summer months in a bahama Yellow 69S. I know of a 70T in Genoa and a 70S in Reno. I saw a guy with a R model, not sure if it was real on a trailer heading out to Fernley a couple of times as well. Stop by the Sport Haus and they will give you the skinny on the autocrosses and stuff going on out here. Spectre 431 is in June
    Outstanding, thank you. I'd imagine 431 and Geiger would be a blast. What kind of reputation does the Sports Haus enjoy? I'm assuming good, or you wouldn't have mentioned them.

http://www.sporthausinc.com/
    They are on So. Virginia in a funky parking lot behind Winco's Grocery store, next to Freedom Riders (Triumph motorcycle dealers) and a guy who builds replica GT 40's and Cobras. Plan on losing a day if you enter the ogling zone You can see them from 395 while heading south, on the west side about a half mile from the So. Meadows exit (#60)
    They do the certification for vehicles during track days at Fernley, and they are pretty good mechanics with old school air cooled engines. They occasionally ges tome really cool cars in the showroom floor, they had a sweet DB9 last year, a ton of Porsches, a couple Ferraris. They can be spendy, it may be worth going to Sac or the Bay for a price check.

Oh, both roads are AWESOME! 28 to 89 is a great drive too. Let me know if you ever want to do a scary caravan this summer