Thread: carpets from stoddard

carpets from stoddard

Hey All,

I'm looking to purchase a carpet set and I saw that stoddard has a custom order square weave set for ~$680. Does anyone have any experience with a set like this (or any stoddard pre-made set for that matter). Would the smart money just call Tony at Autobahn and ask him to make me a carpet? I'm almost convinced that stoddard is getting their carpets made by someone like Tony, but I have no data to confirm that hypothesis.

Dan
    1996 993 black/tan

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    with floors or with out? last I saw, autos intl was like 800 or so with floors, 600+ without floors..

I think stoddard goes through autos intl.. could be wrong though
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Harry Hoffman

Thanks Harry.
    1996 993 black/tan

no problem. I bet 10-1 thats where stoddard gets it. prices are close, probably would save a little on shipping getting it from Stoddard...

i would get carpet from stoddard before any other parts supplier (pelican, automotion etc), or even other smaller carpet suppliers like app biz or world uph (just never been impressed with what i see on their sites). but if it were my dime, i would go to autos intl or autobahn. i could actually talk to them about any issues, needs etc, and everything would be worked out directly with the maker... cut out any middle man for problem solving or consulting. just my 2 cents..
    Harry Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by hoffman912 View Post
    no problem. I bet 10-1 thats where stoddard gets it. prices are close, probably would save a little on shipping getting it from Stoddard...

i would get carpet from stoddard before any other parts supplier (pelican, automotion etc), or even other smaller carpet suppliers like app biz or world uph (just never been impressed with what i see on their sites). but if it were my dime, i would go to autos intl or autobahn. i could actually talk to them about any issues, needs etc, and everything would be worked out directly with the maker... cut out any middle man for problem solving or consulting. just my 2 cents..
    Absolutely +1... Harry's 100% correct.

Tony (Autobahn Interiors) doesn't supply Stoddard, that's a fact. He couldn't meet their price, and also chose not to. Note that Tony doesn't have the same patterns as Auto's Intl. Personally I think you should talk to both companies and make your decision based on the feedback you get, both are well respected, and both have customer lists that are a veritable "who's who" within the Porsche community.

cheers,
    Eric
    (btw, I only use Tony...)