Thread: FS SWB 65/66/67 fender, drivers side, an excellent one

FS SWB 68 fender, drivers side, an excellent one

Will post photos later today, NO RUST ISSUES, fender looks like it was removed early in a cars life, original paint, nothing hidden, very straight and as nice as you could possibly find one, this is a 68 fender with the inner lip that widens and then thins out, $750.00 shipped in the US via Greyhound or pick up in Hershey.
    Last edited by fishman7; 02-06-2012 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Desc

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman7 View Post
    this is an early fender with the inner lip that widens and then thins out,
    Wouldn't that be a 68 only fender? I'm sure the long time guys on the list would know better.

Maybe it is, I might have it backwards.....can't remember. Help!

Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldieter View Post
    Wouldn't that be a 68 only fender? I'm sure the long time guys on the list would know better.
    Yup, I have 2 of them just like that on mine. On the earlier ones, the lip is pretty much the same width all the way across. In 68 they cut the lip to make room for the 5.5s. 69 got flares for 6s.
    Last edited by Jules Dielen; 02-07-2012 at 07:03 AM.

~J~
    air cooled only

Got it, sorry about that......68 fender it is!

Bump for the 68 fender and I do have a decent pair of 65/66/67 fenders I can part with for $250.00 each.

Picture please......
    Early 911S Registry #472
    1968 S - #477
    Mostly Stock

Keep in mind that a 68 fender looks the same on the exterior as all 64-68 cars, just a thinner inside fender lip and sometimes holes for side marker, so it will work for all SWB.

I need a passenger Long Wheel Base fender if anyone has one!

Quote Originally Posted by VintageExcellen View Post
    Keep in mind that a 68 fender looks the same on the exterior as all 64-68 cars, just a thinner inside fender lip and sometimes holes for side marker, so it will work for all SWB.

I need a passenger Long Wheel Base fender if anyone has one!
    Wouldn't the '64-'65 fenders have 4 screw horn grilles?

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by Jules Dielen View Post
    Wouldn't the '64-'65 fenders have 4 screw horn grilles?
    Yes, what I am saying is the overall outside shape is exactly the same.

64-early 66 cars had 4 screw horn grilles, this got changed to 2 screw sometime in early 66. These fenders also have simple headlight buckets.

68 changes were smaller inner lip for wider track and wider wheels, holes for side markers on US cars (easy to fill), also the headlight bucket had new brackets to incorporate the sugar scoop style headlight.

The shape is the same on ALL SWB fenders.

Most every fender needs some work or changes to make them specific to your car. If you order a new fender from Porsche then expect to get the latest version with all changes. Oh and thinner metal these days than in the old days