Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hershey $80.00

Hershey $80.00

Have you noticed that in this day of dwindling attendance at swap meets that Central PA - PCA is now charging $40.00 per space, WITH A MIN OF 2 SPACES. 100% increase over 2011?
    Mike

this probably makes sense....it's very difficult to use just one space...everyone bleeds over and sometimes there can be hurt feelings...It rained almost all day last year and in my mind it was one of the best swap meets I can recall...hard core guys selling at reasonable prices and real buyers buying...I am also convinced, none of these parts really ever go anywhere, we all just sell them to each other...<grin>. Hershey is the awesome !

Oh yeah, your right.....attendance is dwindling...In fact, I would encourage folks to stay at home this year and make sure your lawn gets it's spring fertilizer...I will volunteer to take one for the team, go and report back on the dwindling attendance....<grin>

When is it? I'm tempted....

E

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    Erik that would really be awesome for you to go. There are a lot of perspective buyers there that dont follow this forum (or any others) and probably havent heard of the great things you do. and if you truck it out here to sell your goods, let me know.. Columbus is on the way, and I have a few beers waiting for you.

and if not trucking it, i will gladly see you there.

btw, i also encourage everyone to not show up this year too, as i am looking to score a few gems myself and dont need the competition
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Senior Member Christian Guthrie's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure it rains every year at Hershey. Don't forget your rubbers! If you like Hershey, don't forget the Ski Roundtop swap meet, much smaller but getting bigger every year.

Hershey will be on Saturday April 21 this year. Always worth going to even if just to visit with old friends.

http://cpa-pca.org/
    - Neil
    '67 911S (Ol' Ivory)
    '82 Hewlett Packard 34C
    Early 911S Registry # 512

Eric knows the ski roundtop meet, I think he got the 'long distance' award last year
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

I set up last year and I believe it was the same price ($40.00 per space); this year the only difference is the two space requirement. Last year it rained like crazy but the two years prior it was beautiful......$80.00 is not too much to ask for two spaces where you can sell a few thousand dollars in parts out of.

April 21, Erik. you and I know it's just a blink of an eye to get to PA from here :-)

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Yes, you really need more than one "parking space". $40.00 is a lot for "parking" for 5 hours in Pa. Lots of the guys I know go in on spaces. I just hope it doesn't keep the little guy that's just cleaning his garage from coming. Those guys always have the best buys.

Eric I encourage you to come and experience it, Hershey is like the La lit show, one of those things that every Porsche guy should experience at least once.
    Rob Abbott