Thread: Driving a 2011 Turbo S coupe up to Colorado?

Driving a 2011 Turbo S coupe up to Colorado?

I just bought a Turbo S & need to be in Denver next weekend then I was going to leave the car in Steamboat Springs. The trick is not getting to Denver I think I am clear but driving a Turbo with summer tires from Denver to Steamboat Springs??

It would be a blast but if the roads are not clear it could be difficult! But I would fly back & leave car there regardless-

If it gets wrecked on the way it would not be a good year!

Your thoughts??

FG

I-70 westbound

I have made that trip dozens of times and I would not think it wise in that car.You have the both sides of the Eisenhower tunnel to contend with and then Rabbit Ears pass before Steamboat.If it is snowing on either one,it will test a four wheel drive and your skills.If the roads are free of snow you will be pelted with gravel all the way from Denver.Risk reward factor is not in your favor.A rental car is much cheaper than a front clip respray! TFM
    Member:S Registry #864

Similar Threads

1. Saratoga Auto Museum Adirondack Driving Tour & Porsche Lawn Show Weekend Oct 1-2 2011
    By Perry911 in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-10-2011, 02:57 PM
  2. Driving McQueen's Turbo
    By CurtEgerer in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-02-2010, 02:28 PM
  3. Discussion: Targa Colorado 2011 ?
    By TRE Cup in forum Drives, Tours, Gatherings, Racing and Adventures
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-14-2010, 08:21 AM
  4. 68 Sporto Coupe, 72T Sporto Coupe, 73.5T Targa & 82 930 Turbo for sale