Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Classic

Porsche Classic

Appears you can now order Fuchs from Porsche Classic.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessori...s/neweditions/

Apologies if this is a repost.
    Early S Registry #2011

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2

Maybe they will get with a tire company also to start making tires that fit all those Fuchs.
    72S, 72T now ST

I have bought most of the 15s new from Porsche and it is great they/Fuch have re-made them but they are all in the later style finish, ie fully painted centres. The paint is not link the original and is very easy to remove. Also you can't just remove the paint and re-paint as per early finish as the actual metal finish on the petals is pretty poor. We have basically bought these and then fully refurb them so they can be used on early cars.

Alan

The only addition that I see is the 9X15 and possibly the 6X15. The rest have been available, but as Alan describes, the finish is not like original. Still no early 6X15s..
    H

Well at $1800 ea for new 9 x15's would sure make you question buying 40 year old wheels for $1500 ea unless you needed correct date stamps for a factory car. Harvey can you refinish the new wheels with the proper RSR finish.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Yes, we have done quite a few. Before and after; Look at Kevin's pick up wheels, it has late 8s and 9s although not quite a normal RSR fiinish (custom for Kevin-a finish they didn't do on a car they didn't make ), but we can do them exact.

I have photos of them in correct RSR finish but you can't tell the difference in the photos once they are done, only by close examination of the milling.
    H
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Harvey Weidman; 02-16-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Harvey, very nice!
    Early S Registry #2011

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2

Hi Alan,

I've been looking at them too - it looks like the UK price is about £535+VAT for a 6x15 - if they were to be 're-finished' as you describe, is this likely to add much cost on top of the purchase price?

I'm trying to decide between the 'buying old and refirb' but with the danger of them cracking as they're all 40 yrs + now and buying new - seems the price difference is not that great at the moment, what would you recommend?

Not to take away from the beautiful work Harvey does, but what sense does it make spending this kind of money on new rims that have to be refinished? We ordered a pair. When they arrived my mechanic and our parts guy were so shocked at the quality of manufacture and finish that we sent them back. Anyone else have similar experience with these new Fuchs?

A.T.
    A.T.
    Early 911S Registry Member #500

A.T.
    We have seen many and I think the finish and manufacture is very nice, just the late style finish. What areas are you referring to that isn't good quality?
    H