Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Transporting of Porsche's

Bad Transporting of Porsche's

Hey everyone-
    I just did a story on the blog chronicling some of the bad transporters I have seen over the years. We had a really bad one today so I got inspired to dig out some really funny pics.
    If anyone else has any horror stories, please share, if we all keep an eye out we might be able to keep these guy's in line.
    Here is a link:

http://unobtaniuminc.wordpress.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Transporter photos

So, you would think a guy with an enclosed transporter would be a bit smarter than most when it comes to strapping the cars in. What is wrong with this photo?

Ever heard an OOPS this loud......

I got a really sweet job a few years ago to repair 5....that's right.......5 racing Porsche's that between them had "ONE" tie-down strap holding them down! Then the driver proceeded to drive 4 hours through the middle of Florida.

Needless to say, when the driver...x-driver opened the side door to the trailer, parts of 1- 917, 908, 910, RSR and a 962 fell on the ground. How many times does it take (stopping and go-ing) to totally destroy a 917 and a 910.....the others were just really _ _ _ _ _ _-up!

As soon as My girls get to the office on Monday they will post some photos........

Gumby

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    so how bad to rip them a new a** ho*e for this? or do you shrug it off and let their insurance pay for it and not worry?

i dont know about you, but i would be pretty p*ssed.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Hey everyone-
    I just did a story on the blog chronicling some of the bad transporters I have seen over the years. We had a really bad one today so I got inspired to dig out some really funny pics.
    If anyone else has any horror stories, please share, if we all keep an eye out we might be able to keep these guy's in line.
    Here is a link:

Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

what used to be okay looking (not tore up like this) was an intact tow hook before the movers and after the movers.
    if that wasnt enough they damaged the rear passenger side bumper extensions.
    the tow hook scenario repeated itself a couple more times despite my instructions and warnings to such a caveat. Bummer
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

Transporter Crash Pics from Gumby

Quote Originally Posted by gumby1953 View Post
    ever heard an oops this loud......

I got a really sweet job a few years ago to repair 5....that's right.......5 racing porsche's that between them had "one" tie-down strap holding them down! Then the driver proceeded to drive 4 hours through the middle of florida.

Needless to say, when the driver...x-driver opened the side door to the trailer, parts of 1- 917, 908, 910, rsr and a 962 fell on the ground. How many times does it take (stopping and go-ing) to totally destroy a 917 and a 910.....the others were just really _ _ _ _ _ _-up!

As soon as my girls get to the office on monday they will post some photos........

Gumby
    rsr
    Name:  7.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  113.4 KB
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  45.7 KB
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  48.6 KB
    Name:  9.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  69.3 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  116.2 KB

Sacrilege!
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Quote Originally Posted by gumby1953 View Post
    rsr
    Name:  7.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  113.4 KB
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  45.7 KB
    Name:  6.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  48.6 KB
    Name:  9.jpg
Views: 831
Size:  69.3 KB
    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 832
Size:  116.2 KB
    Nice 748 Biposto ...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Hey everyone-
    Here is a link:

Pushed that Foz right up into the air, it did!

I'd be pretty pissed and demanding compensation.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Hey Peter,

I like that word....would "Total Sacrilege" be appropriate for these wrecks?
    The 910 and the 917 chassis tubes were moved-bent-cracked, right up to the roll bars. The Insurance company paid to have them totally gone through. The 917 had more than 6 huge cracks in the Alui frame tubes. Bam-Bam, back and forth for 4 hours....ouch!

I will send another big Whoops that happened to one of my cars from the "2 straps" at one end only..... accident!

KJ