I'm a bit amazed. I had hoped to post the pictures solely to get some advice on the originality of the car and perhaps check that my value estimations were somewhat accurate. But since posting that thread here and on Pelican, I've received several emails that warn me of many who will try to swipe the car from my hands before I get the deal done. The purchase price has been agreed by both parties, and provided the car is what the Seller says it is, I'll be going forward with the deal as agreed. I've bought/owned lots of classics; I know how to do a deal.

So I deleted the whole thread and consequently the pics; apparently this is causing somewhat of an uproar. It's best that I just do the deal with the Seller as I am, and try to keep this deal quiet.

Raj, I'm sorry if my post pissed you off. I only wanted advice from others who know more than I do, and this forum seemed like it had the most experts. In Mercedes-land, a post on a forum can quickly get the member's opinions on the car's originality - that's what I was hoping for. I certainly was not hoping for a mad-rush to figure out who the seller is and get the car stolen from me. The thread is gone, the Seller and I are going forward.