Thread: Mercedes 240D 4 speed, top end rebuild, classic grey extra nice car. Where to sell?

Mercedes 240D 4 speed, top end rebuild, classic grey extra nice car. Where to sell?

Hey Everybody,

I purchased this car from the original owner about 3 years ago. The timing chain had broken at 148K and broke the camshaft and ruined the cam towers. It currently has 152K miles. It is a non sunroof car. The car was in exceptional condition cosmetically, the only exception was a small surface rust spot on drivers door down low where a drain plugged. The original owner picked up the car at the factory and spent the summer of 1982 touring Europe. The original title has previous owner listed as MB! I replaced the complete A/C system last summer, the top end included replacement of 2 bent valves, along with a complete top end rebuild. I found a perfect set of cam towers with matching camshaft. This is such a nice car. I am closing in on double digit cars in my driveway and garage, and its time to rotate some inventory. I really dont want to go the Ebay route. I was thinking Bring a Trailer might be fun. Anybody have any suggestions where would be a good forum to post this car for sale? I also listed a link to my photobucket page, with about 50 Mercedes photos. There are tons of early 911/912 restoration photos there also.
    http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u137/WM711/

Thanks for your input-It is much appreciated.

Bill Woods

Last edited by WM711; 02-29-2012 at 06:56 AM.
    Bill Woods
    S Registry #1005

Jimmy Francis in LA runs Mercedes Motoring (mercedesmotoring.com) and would be someone to talk to depending on your location. He buys good cars then goes through them completely before reselling. He also might be able to sell it on consignment. I have a couple of 300TD's from that era. To get your best price it's helpful to have it seen someplace where discriminating customers are looking for exceptional cars.
    Bill Morris

Hi Bill Woods...E-mail sent.../ Lars...
    Last edited by larwik; 03-09-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314