Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 74 Euro Carrera 2.7 in UK

74 Euro Carrera 2.7 in UK

I have recently had conversations with Phil Hindley of Tech 9 Motorsport in the UK about our shared passions for all things Porsche 911. Phil is a dedicated enthusiast whose company race teams have competed at the top level in Europe, and the company also does fantastic restorations and currently is working on an FIA Tarmac Rally 911 SC shown in this thread: http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/vie...p?f=28&t=34194

The company also has a beautiful 74 Euro Carrera 2.7 for sale in Bahama Blue with an MFI engine like the 73 Carrera RS. These cars are being dragged upward in value behind the Carrera RSs, which in the current market bring $300k and more. The 74 Carrera 2.7 cars offer a growing value opportunity today, and this one looks to be really nice.

http://www.tech9.ms/car-sales/car-sa....7-carrera.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gib Bosworth
    EarlySReg 434
    R Gruppe 17

The link works for me Gib....... looks like a beautiful car
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I do not have the current Brit pound exchange but delivered US it would be close to a $140,000 car. Considering it is extensively restored and the recent 2 Shores sale it seems like a reasonable asking price.

I like it, though I would rather see it w/ the flat lid and windshield wiper as it left the factory.

Thanks Gib it is fun looking at these (IMO) iconic cars....
    Last edited by Macroni; 03-06-2012 at 05:43 AM.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Tech 9 and Phil are top notch - as a PCGB member and ex PCGB & PCGB Motorsport Director.
    Nick D - Run Flat

1973 RHD 911 Carrera RS #0358 - Fun Car
    2016 Cayenne Diesel - Tow Car
    2017 Macan S - Better Half's Car

1955 356 Speedster SOLD
    1976 911 2.7 SOLD
    2006 Cayman S SOLD
    2006 Cayenne S SOLD
    2008 Carrera S F77 SOLD
    2011 Cayenne S TOTALLED (T-Boned but kept us safe)
    2015 Macan S SOLD
    2015 GT3 - Track Car
    2016 Cayenne SOLD
    2016 Cayenne GTS TOTALLED (Bloody big deer)

Still looking for 1st Edition Carrera RS book #358.

Life is way too short to drive boring cars.

That car, I believe, was once owned by a Registry member here in The States. If it's the car I'm thinking of it was black with red, serviced a few times by me, but spent much of its time with the previous owner and Black Forrest Racing. It was sold back to Europe and restored to its original color and proper configuration.

If this is the same car, I have seen photos of the resto and it is top shelf. What a gorgeous color, too.
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687

This is a great color on Carreras, particularly with the chrome trim. Looks to be a very good restoration.

http://blog.eurocarrera.com/2011/12/...d-blau-uk.html
    Last edited by rynoshark; 03-13-2012 at 04:58 AM.
    1974 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1975 Turbo 3.0 | 1976 Carrera 2.7 MFI Sondermodell | 2012 Cayenne S
    GONE >> 1975 Carrera 2.7 MFI | 1977 Turbo 3.0 | 1986 Carrera 3.2 | 2004 GT3

Quote Originally Posted by Mr9146 View Post
    That car, I believe, was once owned by a Registry member here in The States. If it's the car I'm thinking of it was black with red, serviced a few times by me, but spent much of its time with the previous owner and Black Forrest Racing. It was sold back to Europe and restored to its original color and proper configuration.

If this is the same car, I have seen photos of the resto and it is top shelf. What a gorgeous color, too.
    Thanks for all the positive comments about the car, it has been very rewarding to research the original specification and try to recreate the delivery specification (aside from the front lip spoiler and ducktail - rare original part)

Marco, indeed it is the same car, It has spent most of its life in California certainly since the late eighties. At some time during the eighties, it was repainted black, and the aluminium window trims were also painted black. I guess at this time a blue 911 with shiny bits was considered very dated, and black became the 'über' look !
    It was a joy to put the car together and the synergy between the colour of the car and the components especially the petalled wheels which were a '74 specification, it is certainly a head turner, and when out in the sun, the colour comes alive

The car is now for sale, and will be present at Essen Technoclassica in a couple of weeks.

hi,

my name is dieter and this is my favorite car!!!

period correct engine does not mean matching nrs??

best
    dieter

Quote Originally Posted by mller View Post
    hi,

my name is dieter and this is my favorite car!!!

period correct engine does not mean matching nrs??

best
    dieter
    I didn't notice that previously.....
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Wow, neat to see it now. I remember flip flopping back and forth over whether to buy it or not back then, when black.
    Seem to recall I decided it was a good price if you left it black, but to retore correctly would have taken me way upside down in it.
    Not sure now though, as things have developed for these cars!