Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: search for 70T original engine pictures

search for 70T original engine pictures

Thinking to a next engine restoration, I ask myself a lot of questions about the original look of my 70 T, I mean when he left the factory. I do a lot of research but can't find any pictures of it out and inside the car.
    So anybody got this kind of picture, colored one would be of course very helpful, thank you

little bump... no one can help ?

Is there anything specifically you're looking for in a picture? What I do is buy most any book that has pictures of original cars (not just restored ones) and usually between half a dozen books and the shop manual I can generally find a picture of an original car that will answer the question. I don't think there is any ONE book that will show it all. Some of the better books are by Brian Long, Brett Johnson, Tobias Aichele, and of course the factory shop manuals I mentioned. I hope this helps.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you ed, You're right I should be more precise, here are some of my questions
    1 - first is about original metal treatment of air box attachs, is it really dichromated (like many are on restored engine) ?
    2 - What are dichromated part of the engine ?
    3 - Wwhat is original color of air box, many I saw are glossed but, looking at mine I'd say it's satin black...
    4 - Where is originaly placed the fuel filter ?
    5 - Does the electric parts (on the left) are protected by a part like on 2.4l
    6 - Does the alternator fan (and around) is painted are not ?

"70 T Engine

First shot is very correct '69 engine installed in a stellar '69 T coupe. Then, More or less pretty original, not concours. Yellow Cad ("gold") hardware such as screws and some other parts has turned to silver as is does over time (sacrificial finish). And another, different "T" '70 engine. Oh ! You can almost forget the these two. Finally is the '69 Engine done by a concours expert friend of mine shown in the first shot. One will have trouble finding anything "wrong" with this one ! Note the not-yet-sacrificed yellow zink (or cad) Thanks.

-Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    Last edited by Allen Henderson; 03-16-2012 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by qotsa View Post
    Thank you ed, You're right I should be more precise, here are some of my questions
    1 - first is about original metal treatment of air box attachs, is it really dichromated (like many are on restored engine) ?
    2 - What are dichromated part of the engine ?
    3 - Wwhat is original color of air box, many I saw are glossed but, looking at mine I'd say it's satin black...
    4 - Where is originaly placed the fuel filter ?
    5 - Does the electric parts (on the left) are protected by a part like on 2.4l
    6 - Does the alternator fan (and around) is painted are not ?
    In addition to Allen's answer I'll look at my 71 tomorrow and see what I can determine from it as to the plating color. The air cleaner is a semi flat, NOT real shiny. There was no external fuel filter originally, only the filter in the tank. The relay board cover didn't start until 71, if your 3 fuse panel has a cover then it didn't get the big cover. The alternator housing strap was black.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Matt Snyder
    Here is my 70T, I have cleaned the rust off on the bolts since photo was taken.
    Matt Snyder
    Early S # 1902
    Montclair, NJ

68 911 Sunroof coupe polo red
    65 MB 23O sl light ivory 4 spd

qutsa, I checked the air cleaner brackets on my 71, they are yellow, so I'm sure your 70 would be also. By that time most plating was yellow.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

this picture is from a 1 owner 29k mile 70T engine bay
    Early 911S Registry #750
    1970 911E - The Good Stuff
    2001 Toyota Landcruiser

Here is a pic of my 71T motor with correct original Zenith carbs. Should be the same look as all of the 70T motors as well.