Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 69T sunroof with many docs

69T sunroof with many docs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/INCRE...item41639b12d0

a lot of cool paperwork, what I dont get is the orig window sticker price of $22K seems awfully high.
    also in the binder is the IRS letters and response to the liability tax demand.
    the owner wrote back declaring a purchase price of approx $6k or so with the options??
    how did this work? did they do a lowered declaration or was this the standard?

docs in the photo album are around the pic number 54+
    Richard aka le Zookeeper
    early reg #1128

The invoice is in DM
    H

The Car was bought in Germany at the factory so the amount is in D-Mark not US Dollar.
    Michael Moenstermann
    Osnabrueck - Germany
    Early 911S member #1052

'While accelerating the tears of emotion have to flow off horizontally to the ears.'
    'Understeer is when you see the tree you are hitting, if you only hear the tree then it was oversteer'.
    'You can't treat a car like a human being - a car needs love'. (all Walter Röhrl)

I love that Jack Molinier includes a video that shows that the car actually moves! Hah!
    1970 911S
    1963 Abarth Monomille
    1974 2002 Turbo

beautiful car
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by yale View Post
    I love that Jack Molinier includes a video that shows that the car actually moves! Hah!
    Looks as if eurocol has had a change of residence also....
    [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]
    Curt Autenrieth
    S Registry # 152

Porsches:
    1.6L 2.7L
    1.8L 3.0L
    2.0L 3.2L
    2.2L 3.4L h20 cooled
    2.4L 3.6L air & h20 cooled
    3.8L

Using the historical change rate tables, that's about $6,800 dollars in 1969. My 1969 911S Targa was bought for $9800 dollars in 1969 in the US. Worthwhile argument for importing back then.

- Brian

1966 Mercedes 250SE Cab

You have to wonder at the details of the aftermarket a/c installation.

Is that a correct engine lid grille for a 69?
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

I also noticed the engine lid - not a three bar I don't think. Also looks like a replacement dash without the removable speaker grill. My 69 also has a 70's replacement dash.

Yes - the engine lid grill is from a SWB and should be a three bar grill BUT as you know Porsche is famous for using available parts from the bins so depending on when the car was built it could very well be the grill that was placed from the factory. I would believe it since 69 is the first year of the LWB cars.