I once again prostrate to the hive mind...

What's the rule with respect to tire size relative to rim width when "older" high aspect ratio tires are used? I'm looking at both the Avon cr6zz and the Goodyear blue streaks. These are both 26" diameter tires in 15" fitments. I have BBS E57s with 11" out back and 9" front. The section width for the Avons in a 245 is 9.9"(!) with a rim range of 7-9". A 275 bumps me out to a 10" max rim with an 11.2" section width. I'd have to jump all the way to a 295 to get close (10.5" max).

That's ALOT of tire, even on a twin plug 2.8. So my question is can I 'stretch' the smaller tire beyond the recommended to firm up the ride more and get a smaller contact patch for 'entertainment' purposes? I would think the 275 on 11" would be ok since it's only an inch difference, but I'd rather have the 245. I can juggle the barrels front to back to get 10" (6&4 vs 7&4) rears instead. Given the 10" section width, i don't think it would be euro lowrider. Looking at the front rims of the Mary Stuart race car is an example...

Thanks in advance,
t