Hey Guys,

I'm new to the Pelican Parts forum and after seeing all sorts of great information I decided to join in to get solid information, bounce some ideas around, and get some help.

Down to business. The project I'm starting to work on is a 1970 911T which already has a fiberglass wide body kit, various performance upgrades, rear tires are a 285/40 15", and more importantly a 2.5L twin plug 13:1 compression motor with weber 40's. I also have the Bosch mechanical fuel injection system for the motor. Some 20 years ago, the motor was built by Wayne Baker of "Personalized Auto Haus" in San Diego. The motor has been seating for over 15 years either in a garage or in a storage unit and when I checked the other day, I could turn the fly wheel over by hand and oil (not water) poured out from one of the ports as I leaned the engine over. From what I'm told, that's half the battle.

The motor was pulled from the car because both work needed to be completed and the motor needed to be rebuilt. From what I'm told, this is a race motor that was detuned for street use, meaning rebuilds are generally done due to hours of use and not miles of use. The motor was functioning when it was pulled, just needed a rebuild to freshen it up.

Unfortunately, my budget is tight, VERY tight which seems dumb because tight budgets and Porsches do not go hand in hand. As much as i want to rebuild this engine back to it's original glory, my check book simply can't hand that kind of stress. The big question is: Is there a way to freshen up this motor without doing a full rebuild? Could it be as simple as replacing main bearings, seals, and pistons rings in order to get this beast running again? I don't want to but I may be forced to, put the Bosch mechanical fuel injection system up for sale in order to afford a rebuild.

The other idea I've had, sell the motor with the fuel injection system and purchase a stock 3.0L so I can get the project going sooner but I really do not want to lose these twin plug heads.

This may seem like a stupid question but... Has anyone driven a twin plug engine and how would it compare to a stock 3.0L?
Name:  TheInterior.JPG
Views: 1215
Size:  643.4 KBName:  TheRear.JPG
Views: 1250
Size:  504.2 KBName:  ThePorsche1000.jpg
Views: 1266
Size:  852.6 KB