Thread: SWB Rear Bumpers: Left/Driver Side

SWB Rear Bumpers: Left/Driver Side: Price Reduction

the one with the worst previous rust is sold. the one with the hole in the top side remains for sale.

The rear bumpers that came with my project were rough, and I happened upon another set. I decided to use them to practice my hammer/dolly work and to test various methods for rust removal, as well as testing various coatings, primers, etc. After a lot of experimentation, I came up with a combination of techniques and materials that I was comfortable using for other parts of the car.

The result of my experiments left me with some 'extras' that are much better than cores, but certainly not NOS. Both pieces have had all rust removed with self-etching primer applied. The inside of each piece was then sanded and given another coat of primer, which was sanded, and then 2 coats of undercoating applied. The face side received self-etching primer, sanded, with another coat of primer, sanded, then shot with semi-gloss black to clearly show defects. (I am assuming that any paint shop will insist on removing the external paint and take it down to clean metal before they guarantee their paint, so less time was spent on the outside than the inside.)

In this ad, you can see from the photos (please forgive my dusty handprints) that one has a hole that was drilled in the top of the bumper for some reason (about 2 o'clock in the first photo).

Again, the remaining one is NOT NOS, but I believe it to be substantially better than a core. As a price, I'm still thinking $90, plus paypal and shipping fees, but feel free to educate me. I honestly think that you'll like these.

I can also deliver to Hershey, if that is convenient for you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mshaver51; 04-10-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: price reduction/one item sold

Additional Photos: SWB Bumpers (SOLD)

This (previously rusted) bumper has been sold and delivered. Other one still available.

I wasn't allowed to insert all of the photos, so these are the remaining 2 photos of the second bumper, showing the main brace and the front face. You can also see the inside rust damage referred to above. It looked like the bumper had been allowed to sit with water inside.

Thanks for looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mshaver51; 04-10-2012 at 07:42 AM. Reason: sold item

bump to top...

bump to top