Thread: Gauging interest, Britax competition Harness. Sports purposes vehicles.?

Gauging interest, Britax competition Harness. Sports purposes vehicles.?

Some of you may know that i have reproduced the "Britax" tag fitted to the 4 point harness.?

Anyway, i was contacted by a member of the family that was the official manufacturer of these 4 point competition harnesses for the Britax company.

They have asked me if i am interested in some leftover, New old stock fittings, and some not so new

So, to cut a long story short, they are prepared to remake these for me again. Is there any interest in buying these Britax competition harnesses.?

These will be as new. Brand new webbing with correct pattern. Correct stitch patterns. New Britax tags.
    Brand new, or fully refurbished, replated Britax Hardware. All supplied with fitting instruction leaflet, and most importantly, a certificate of conformity from the maker.

These will not be mass produced, i am thinking, maybe 1 or 2 sets per month. That is all i have the time for.

These Britax harnesses are always very popular, especially in the UK, mainly by the rally crowds. They often sell for over £350-400 pounds per pair. And remember, these prices are for 40 year old webbings, corroded fittings, missing tags, etc, etc.

Price ? These harnesses will be priced between, $700- 800 dollars a pair.

So, if you want the best period harnesses fitted to your sports purposes vehicle. These will be the real deal.

I will be shortly having a pair made for my own vehicle, will post pictures if there is any interest.

A few pictures of some of the quality parts to be used. Appeciate any feedback.

Dave

britax new old stock march 2012 006.jpgbritax new old stock march 2012 007.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very nice David, I'm actually shocked to not see any other following posts. Go figure!

I'm definitely interested in a pair. What sort of time frame are we talking about?
    Jordan
    rally-prepped '69 911T 3.0L
    S Registry #1933
    Vintage Parts & Restoration http://retro-sport.com

Stretch

You must have some deep seeded desire to be the defendant in a very large Product Liability law suit.

Regards

Jim

as I understand it Britax as a company is a going concern and may take a dim view of your using their name and copyrighted logo. I know that's why the local (ASI certified) seatbelt guy won't do Britax tags.

http://www.britax.com/

Ok, here's my response. There is no problem using this old style Britax label pictured in the advert. I have spoken to Britax regarding these tags. The are a different font, and in the public domain. The labels in the attached picture are originals from the original manufacturer. Go on Ebay and click on Britax stickers, there are dozens of designs and sellers.

All the hardware is original NOS or refurbished. Jim i do ot see a liabilty issue there. These are not replica bits of tin from the far east.
    These are belts that are assembled by the original, back in the day Britax harness company. Like any seatbelt product, the certificate of conformity is issued by the company that assembles them. Each harness will come with that certificate. The safety aspect is in the assembly of the parts. Correct strength stitching etc.

Don, regarding the copyright issue, i have addressed that above. Now, using seatbelt parts that are copyright, Porsche, Autoflug, Repa, all existing companys, Well thats a different story. As a seller of a few harnesses yourself, you know there are companys that just go ahead and sell this stuff.

There was no interest for this product on this board anyway.

Will Porsche sue us for restoring some of there branded parts on your 40 year old car ? I think not.

Dave