Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 200th Issue of EXCELLENCE

200th Issue of EXCELLENCE

My sincere compliments and congratulations to Pete Stout on this significant moment in Excellence magazine's history.

Pete, this is your best work yet. Simply outstanding !!!

I believe it truly represents Excellence on all levels - the graphics, the quality of the writing, the photography, the choice of cars, the new advertisers, all of it.

From a very happy and satisfied reader & subscriber............... superbly done. Thank you very much.

John Z. Goriup
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 03-31-2012 at 04:10 AM.
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Ditto from me as well.
    72S, 72T now ST

I hope to see Excellence 200 some day, but the San Francisco Bulk Mail Center in Richmond CA has apparently been "losing" periodicals shipped through that facility to Zip Codes beginning in 95*** since mid-2011. Other small-circulation periodicals shipping through Richmond have actually had to cancel my subscriptions because they can't afford to keep sending replacements, but the nice folks at Ross Periodicals have been very helpful about sending replacement issues via First Class Mail (at a cost almost as high as I paid them for my subscription). The antiquated USPS system makes it difficult to file consumer complaints about the problem -- you have to call an 800-number.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Nine17 View Post
    Anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes, 94597... I was able to get a few back issues about a month ago thanks to Abby in the circulation dept, but I let my subscription expire as dealing with the USPS is above my pay grade. I know several other individuals that have experienced similar delivery issues. Cheers to Excellence for putting out a fine publication.
    -Jim

'72 911T
    '02 B5 S4 (RS4 Clone)
    '12 997.2 Turbo Manual
    '19 B9 RS5 (Daily)

Congrats to Pete and staff for sticking with it after so many gave up.
    Good job and I still look forward to each issue.
    BTW, my issue always makes it 95966 (the other California), but sometimes late and well read...
    H

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Weidman View Post
    Congrats to Pete and staff for sticking with it after so many gave up.
    Good job and I still look forward to each issue.
    BTW, my issue always makes it 95966 (the other California), but sometimes late and well read...
    H
    I am a lucky postal customer. I have had the same mail carrier for 16 years. My mail always gets left neatly. When I lost a pair of shocks in the mail, a few weeks ago, he personally stopped by to tell me how to file a claim and what my odds of getting them were (very poor). Best of all, this guy loves cars, and fixes up cars himself.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Pete, outstanding!
    Early S Registry #2011

2013 Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2

It gets to Oregon just fine. The State of California might be keeping them for themselves. Everthing is free there you know!
    72S, 72T now ST

Got mine last friday... Have only read part of it, but it looks like a great issue
    By far my fav p-magazine

Not complaining about my local carrier -- she's a peach. My father-in-law was a small town letter-carrier after retiring from 20 years as a USAF test pilot (his chum Chuck Yeager introduced him to a secretary at Edwards -- who became my mother-in-law). He liked the exercise and social contacts. Many good carriers in the USPS.

Apparently the San Francisco Bulk Mail Center in Richmond, California is a notorious den of thieves. This is where our copies of Excellence are dropped-off by Ross Periodicals, never to be seen again. I'm going to take some personal time to head down to my local post office and attempt to file a written complaint, rather than spend my work day on hold with the 800-number. This is the fourth issue out of the last 10 that hasn't come -- including 198, 199, and 200. I have friends who depend on selling stories and photos to Excellence for their living. Pete Stout isn't exactly Rupert Murdoch (fortunately for Pete) and he produces a terrific publication. What ever happened to the U.S. Postal Inspectors?