Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing 911 video - please help me find!!!

Exclamation Amazing 911 video - please help me find!!!

Hi all,

I remember a few years ago while surfing Youtube I had come across an older video where a famous driver (don't remember who!) was driving an early 911 down a tarmac rally route (I think before the actual race) through I believe Italy or Spain. The footage was real-time in-car, and the audio quality was quite good. I remember the video being fairly long, and I think it may have had an additional camera view of his feet for gear changes. It was a really awesome video, but I forgot to bookmark it and I haven't managed to find it again.

Can anyone identify & locate this video for me?

Thanks,
    Ayan
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

1970 Porsche 911T - 2.7RS Spec

Amazing 911 video - please help me find!!!

Ayan..Maybe this from Spa?.../ Lars....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM_1K...endscreen&NR=1
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Hey Lars, thanks for the quick response. No, the one I am looking for is a vintage video from the early 1970s. But the one you suggest is pretty cool, too! Hey, maybe this thread will end up unearthing everyone's favourite early 911 videos!!
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

PS - the video I am looking for goes down country roads, along a hillside, through little villages, etc. Not a racetrack. At one point I think they get stuck in a mini traffic jam in a village.
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

Sure it is not this excerpt from Victory by Design: Porsche of Brian Redman driving a Porsche 916 in preparation for the 1970 Targa Florio in which he drove a 908.3?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VKHnJ8kojKA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Hanging in the Garage
    Cool. Could you imagine a race like that today with those calibre of cars running in it? The closest thing in North America that I can think of is the Targa Newfoundland.

Actually, I think the video I'm thinking of IS that one... now that you say 916, all the clues are there. I guess I originally remembered it as 911 due to the year and the SOUND. However, is it possible that there was a longer version of that out there somewhere?

Thanks a million, it's pretty cool to watch this footage.
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada

I think that may have been in Porsche: One for the Road.
    1971 911S, 2.7RS spec MFI engine, suspension mods, lightened
    Early 911S Registry Member #425

Hi.
    This is the video that comes to mind.
    see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixQSs...&feature=share

the one I'm looking for I'd the Brian Redman video (which turns out to be a 916, not a 911)... But I believe it was a longer version of that clip.

thanks Perry, that was a pretty cool clip too. Looks scary with no headrests!
    orange260z
    Ottawa, Canada