Thread: Slide Valve Injection System - 906E, 910, Maybe 911

Slide Valve Injection System - 906E, 910, Maybe 911

Porsche 6 cylinder Slide Valve Injection System. Includes right and left side slides, cross shaft, magnesium pump bracket. Pump is not included in the price. Appears to be in good condition. $25000.00
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

wow and I try not to comment on parts for sale but this is too cool........... good luck with your sale.
    86 Sport Purpose Carrera "O4"

Out of curiosity, what was the function of the collar round each of the intake stacks? Anyone know?
    Early 911S Registry #888

Philip - I think it was to provide the attachment points/support for the 'shrouds' :

Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

Thanks Andy, you can be counted on to know the answer! Which leads me to ask what the function of the shrouds was? Were they some sort of heat shield or did they protect the engine from fuel stand off?
    Early 911S Registry #888

When rear deck is closed the "shrouds " seals the top under the canopy and help to keep cold air into the trumpets... at least they are trying.

Nice bits btw! But pricey...

Early Pumps...

Hi Mike! Sorry, but I totally forgot to call back, crazy day. Your early induction would certainly look ‘beyond cool’ on top of my 906 engine. </SPAN></SPAN>

Here are a few photos of a similar and very rare pump. I also included some interesting comments/notes about the pump which were sent to me many years ago by the owner of a factory 910 werks car.

"This pump is very special and very,very,very rare. It was made and used for Le Mans 67 on 907 and one 910. The biggest improvment was 30% less fuel need. The 3-ways control fuel made also much more torque on half revs and great flexibility in reaccelerations. Because it is much longer that the two ways control, it was installed transversally and not longitudly, that's why the wheel belt is 90° side. I just installed one on my works 910 . The result is absolutly great. But my German motorist spent hours for settling it as it was. There is an other one on an engine at Porsche museum".

EARLY PUMP 01.jpg

EARLY PUMP 02.jpg

EARLY PUMP 07.jpg

note the end plate, no selenoids, a la 917 and RSR...

EARLY PUMP 05.jpg

here is the other side...

EARLY PUMP 06.jpg

...a few more photos to follow.
    Last edited by 914-6gt; 04-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Early Pump, the rest of the photos...

Here you go...

EARLY PUMP 04.jpg

EARLY PUMP 03.jpg

EARLY PUMP 09.jpg

Could you post better photos of your pump? Love to see those...

Happy Easter!