Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are my 40IDAP3C/1 Carbs worth?

What are my 40IDAP3C/1 Carbs worth?

My '74 engine was converted to carbs by the PO. He installed a set of 40IDAP3C & 40IDAP3C1. The car runs and sounds great.

I realize I'm setting myself up for abuse here, but considering buying the CIS components needed for a Bitz EFI kit to convert "back". Want to learn more about EFI tuning, etc.

Don't know yet if I want to sell the carbs (could always re-install them) but interested to know what they would be worth if I did.

Any help/advice appreciated!

John

IMG_1119s.jpg154s.jpgIMG_1120s.jpg

this may help , i just picked up a really nice set exactly the same as you have but with k&n covers , manifold inc which came off a 2.8 rsr . $1900US
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

I would say a typical price range for the Webers & manifolds is $1200-$1500
    Andy

Early 911S Reg #753
    R Gruppe #105

There are a lot of variables in Webers, especially the 40 mm flavor, which are plentiful. At least yours are made in Italy. The size of the manifolds, the jetting in the carburetors and wear in the throttle shafts all factor in. If you have a correct set up for an early S, with good throttle shafts, I would say closer to $1400. Value would go down from there. This is based on a few of my own purchases and sales over the last twenty years. Most recently, I sold a decent set of IDS with manifolds, but no K&N's, for $1800. But the IDS are rare and unique to 67-68 S cars.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

Thanks for the input guys. If I decide to sell would it be better if I did a "101 Projects" rebuild or left them as is for the buyer to do or have done? As mentioned the car runs very well right now, so I don't think they have any major problems. Probably were rebuilt when the engine was done 10k miles ago.

I would sell them as is. The buyer will probably want to rejet them.

Quote Originally Posted by John Mullins View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. If I decide to sell would it be better if I did a "101 Projects" rebuild or left them as is for the buyer to do or have done? As mentioned the car runs very well right now, so I don't think they have any major problems. Probably were rebuilt when the engine was done 10k miles ago.
    Tom F.
    Long Beach, CA

The carbs are now out of the car and I'm in the EFI conversion project full bore.

What is the best way to preserve/store them? All I've done so far is put each of them in a big baggie...

TIA

John

john, somebody on Pelican just posted a WTB for Weber 40s.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rburetors.html

Quote Originally Posted by nickb4 View Post
    john, somebody on Pelican just posted a WTB for Weber 40s.
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...rburetors.html
    Thanks Nick!

I have CIS system from an 81 SC if you are looking to trade.

Bob