Thread: Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar

Blaupunkt Frankfurt Stereo

This unit was NOS until about 2005 when i installed it in my 912. I know it was NOS because it was part of my dads stash of parts from when he worked at VW of Americas parts warehouse, and it was still in the packaging when i put it in. He had this thing laying around in a box for just about as long as i have been alive! I believe this is a universal aftermarket Blaupunkt, as opposed to what you would find installed new, but these were commonly installed in 911s, 914s, vws in the mid 70s. I removed this recently because i am going with a radio delete plate for a while, and found a really nice original 68 dated frankfurt for my 912 if i want to go back.

with that in mind, and now needing funds to purchase the last of the suspension goodies i need, this one's gotta find a new home.

this unit is practically new.. very little use in the last 5 years, and anyone who knows me knows i take excellent care of my 912 and everything in it. this unit is a true stereo unit, and works flawlessly. it does have a 5 din plug in the back for installing an ipod adapter and/or a hidden cd changer unit. all of the buttons and settings work perfectly. though used just barely, this thing is good as new. this Blaupunkt comes with a face plate should you have a dash cut out too big, or if you have the smaller original cut out, can be used with out.

asking $350 obo. this is a steal for what is practically still a brand new vintage unit.

pm me or email me at hoffman912@gmail.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hoffman912; 04-09-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/

Loud lederhosen saves lives hoffman912's Avatar
    more pictures
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Harry Hoffman
    1968 912 #3656, burgundy red 'Fritz'. Some mods..
    912 Registry charter member #912R0195-C
    Early 911S Registry Member #2070
    356 Registry Member #36691

http://hoffman912.blogspot.com/