Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battery box

Battery box

Has anyone out there got a close up shot of the back of one of the battery boxes to show how the upper strap attaches to the back. Over the years I believe mine have been crushed and I want to go back to stock straps even though they are very expensive. Any help would be appreciated.
    Richard
    70T 3.2 Max Moritz GP White
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

member #1515
    In the back of the box is a tab where the strap hooks into. It's welded in, do you still have the tab?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Yes David the tab is there though is flattened against the back of the box, thats why I would like a picture so I know how to bend it out and attach the upper strap.
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    In the back of the box is a tab where the strap hooks into. It's welded in, do you still have the tab?
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

You pull it out just enough to slip the ring in from the strap, then push the tab back against the wall to hold the strap in.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

edmayo,
    Thank you for your reply, is that enough or do I wrap the "tab" around the ring on the upper strap, if not wrapped won't the ring pull from the tab? Any pictures?
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

The tab on the back wall of the battery box has the open part aimed downwards, so you open it just enough to slip in the strap ring from the bottom up, and then push the tab back against the wall, the strap will not fall out.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

edmayo,
    I wish that was the case, if so I wouldn't be asking such questions. I attach a picture of the back of my box.Name:  L1010049.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  60.6 KB
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

AAAARRRGGHHH, someone has bent the darn tab straight up! I'll get a picture for you tomorrow so you can exactly where the bend is.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

edmayo,
    So its bent in the middle? toward the back wall? thank you a picture would be so helpful.
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

edmayo,
    does the tongue on the top bend to the cutout on the bottom (which is welded to the back)?
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone