Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: '63 Falcon Monte Carlo inspired

'63 Falcon Monte Carlo inspired

Oh man, what a great job was done building this car. I would love to have this in the garage. All it needs is the third, center mounted, driving light, and the navigator operated roof spot light to be an almost perfect recreation of the Alan Mann Racing cars. And after becoming thick skinned with early 911 prices it seems positively cheap, and maybe a budget entry for the Monte Carlo Historic Rally. Or the Targa Newfoundland at least.

http://bringatrailer.com/2012/04/10/...falcon-sprint/
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Here we go, bring on the Minis.......
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Jim, you can also have the original one, the ex Bo Ljungfeldt 64 Montecarlo (2nd OA).

004.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

There's a Porsche link as well: it's for sale by Dr Konradsheim in Austria, better known for his 911 business...

http://www.fordfalcon.at/
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

When i see a Falcon it reminds me of my dad,s Falcon. He gave it away, he said the thing never ran... i told him the other day what prices they where bringing, dad just looked at me , like are you ........ i said no dad they are classics, jeeee. His was a 64 model 4 dr, baby blue , way back in Kansas City.
    San

53 Pre A, 65 356
    70 914/6 GT
    65 912, 67 911
    71 911 Targa,72 E Tara, 73 911 Targa
    70 911 S,71 911 S,70 911 T,
    71 911 T, 72 911 E ,73 911 T
    74 911 Coupe
    74 911 Targa
    1972 RennSport Bus

Early Reg # 771

My wife inheritted the '64 Falcon Ranchero she learned to drive on. I hate that car. It can sit for months and with just a small shot of starter fluid start and idle perfectly. My 912 sits for a day and the fuel evaporates out of the carbs and I gotta keep cranking to fill the float bowls. The little 260 V-8 has tons of torque. It floats like a boat going down the street. Has terrible brakes. Three-on-the-tree. The steering's got more play thay a school yard. I hate that I like driving it!
    Since I wasn't born until the '70's it does give me a good idea as to how advanced Porsches were for their time.
    John Thompson

1966 912. My first car. Bought it Nov. 25, 1988. Still have it.

Quote Originally Posted by vipergruen View Post
    Jim, you can also have the original one, the ex Bo Ljungfeldt 64 Montecarlo (2nd OA).
    There's a Porsche link as well: it's for sale by Dr Konradsheim in Austria, better known for his 911 business...
    http://www.fordfalcon.at/
    I'll bet the '64 that Dr. Konradsheim has is a bit more than the $26.5k obo price of the '63 inspired car.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

What a great sleeper! How much fun would that be....
    Various Porsche's

I think it's bad ass, for $26k seems like a heck of a deal. That and the V8 powered Cortina caught my eye.
    Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Late apex! Don't lift! Jimmysidecarr's Avatar
    WOW! Don't you guys just love that bring-a-trailer web site? They have some incredible stuff on a pretty regular basis.
    My brother Mark shared that link with me this morning and I read up a bit on the car.

If you are at all familiar with 1st gen early Mustang vintage race cars (SVRA, etc), you will notice that the mods on that car make it a very legit driver's car, even though it's almost too "purdy" to be on track rubbing paint with the other early cars. Although that price is a bit more than I can bite off right now I believe that is way under priced for what has been put into that build. I'm not sure why they used the Torino GT front brakes(<-same 4 piston calipers as the 1st gen GTs and Shelbys) instead of the Lincoln brakes like most of the current crop of SVRA Mustangs, but they may actually be more correct for a car that early.

WOW! What a fun track car that would be.
    Jimmy Morrissey...(# 80496561)
    Mark's slightly older brother.
    #539 Mystichrome SVT Cobra Mustang Coupe
    Not only is it water cooled, it's a darn FORD!
    2:08s at TWS CCW,(yes that's slow) busy giving point bys to P cars.

That car needs to lose the contemporary $50 Hella 500s and mount some proper vintage rally lights Otherwise, pretty cool. Similar to the Falcon Sprint TransAm car.

a IMGP2150.jpg

a IMGP2151.jpg

a IMGP2147.jpg