Thread: '74 US Carrera ebay

'74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

74 Carrera

Coincidentally, a friend of mine who is an exotic car dealer called me and asked me the value of a '74 Carrera targa with 58k miles from a collection he was offered.
    i had no idea! What's the deal on these things - they don't seem to command very high prices??

Mike Kieley

They certainly don't. I sold my 74 Carrera (0407) in about 2002 for 23K or so. It was a consistent award winner. A great color in my opinion, Gulf Blue, and nicely optioned. Here we are ten years later and they are still pretty close to that price.

I think there's a lot of prejudice against the 74 and 75 US market Carreras. They are sneered at as "cosmetic Carreras" because they don't have the 911/83 engine of the Euro cars. The 2.7s suffered if they had thermal reactors or were poorly maintained. But in their defense they handle great, they're still relatively light weight, they're comfortable to drive longer distances, and relatively easy to maintain.

I'm always wondering when the day will come when they suddenly shoot up in price, but it seems that day isn't coming anytime soon.

Just an aside, about the time I was looking to sell my car there was a Gulf Blue '73 RS in Panorama for 99K. Now there was a missed opportunity.

Peter M
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

Go find a 1974 or 1975 numbers matching Carrera. Good luck. By the way, no smog for 1975 and older. Laguna Seca, stock 2.7 in my US Carrera pulling up to the corkscrew, no 3.0/3.2 was catching up to me...........just sayin'...........they are lighter. By the way - the yellow one is fair at $26,000. I wouldn't sell mine there, but that is probably a fair price.

It's been relisted with a buy it now of $27k.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

It's got a 77 S engine in it. That and a dozen other little things makes it hard to chew at $27K. Nice car though and the hoodies are cool as can be.

Quote Originally Posted by porschecab View Post
    Laguna Seca, stock 2.7 in my US Carrera pulling up to the corkscrew, no 3.0/3.2 was catching up to me...........just sayin'...........they are lighter.
    Are you trying to run the price up on these? Better to let people continue to think the 74 US Carreras are dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtEgerer View Post
    Are you trying to run the price up on these? Better to let people continue to think the 74 US Carreras are dogs.
    Curt - Really hoping my friends buy into my comments so they feel under pressure on track and make a mistake - it takes mistakes to pass with a 2.7!

I have `74 Carrera #434, the original CIS engine is out for a rebuild (oil bypass) and its running a 2,7RS engine at the moment (on a 911/93 case).

Even with the CIS engine it was much quicker than any 3.0 SC I have owned. Fast and nimble, the car is lightweight and it would not surprise me if they underrated the horsepower in the Carrera. (175 vs 165 stock). Its a fun car

74 Carrera, ex Az, through NJ and now in Norway.
    IMG_0259.jpg
    --