Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for the owner of 1974 911 RSR VIN 9114609063

Looking for the owner of 1974 911 RSR VIN 9114609063

Yes, I know this is not an early car, but close. And an interesting one, too, and possibly known to the early car crowd. Therefore, I dare to post it here.

To make a long story short, I just found the ONS Wagenpass for this car in a pile of old parts I bought from a danish former race car driver. The Wagenpass is basically the documentation for every race the car ever participated in during 1974 to 1976 in Germany. It contains two original factory photos of the car, names of the first owners/drivers, and stamps and signatures from race officials.

I would like to reunite the wagenpass with the car, as these two really belong together. Does anyone have a clue as to who might be the current owner? Seem like it was sold in England in 1998: http://www.motorbase.com/auction/by-id/1208127403/
    I have found no later trace of it on the internet.

And does anyone have any idea of what a fair price for such an item should be? Since the car itself is a pricey collectors item, a documented race history could influence the value of the car to some extent, I guess?

Here are some pics of the wagenpass:

I have contacted sidevalve911rsr on the matter, also: http://www.pbase.com/slidevalve911rsr

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to offer!
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

Yes, it is indeed a very important piece of paper. Thanks for your advise. I have been able to find out a bit about the history of the car itself, too. Seems it spent some time in Denmark from 1977 to 1981, where it was used amongst other things for dirt track racing(!).

Will see if John Starkey can shed some light on itīs current whereabouts. I feel ready for any RSR hanky panky that might happen.
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

According to http://wsrp.ic.cz/chassis/chassis_porsche_911.html, the first owner was Erwin Kremer. As Raj says, try John. Interesting that the VIN number in the Wagenpass appears to have been edited!

anyone owning that car would give his right one to have that piece of paper
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

That is the coolest piece of early 911 ephemera I've seen in a long time...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

PS - 9114609063 shows up as a former GELO car here...

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...975-06-01.html

See #52
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

What an important piece of paper!
    According to Raj, give it only to the owner !!

If the first owner was Erwin Kremer, try also to contact http://www.kremer-racing.de/

Thanks, guys for all your help.

Seems like the car is still in Denmark, Europe, according to the danish early911 forum: http://www.early911.dk/phpBB3/viewto...58dac6a664238f

The owner is well known to us Porsche folks around here.

Any suggestions as to how to put a value on the wagenpass?
    Thomas
    1973 911S Targa

You probably won't like my answer, but...

I would actually be happiest just GIVING it to the owner of the original car. A lot better Porsche karma down the road as far as I'm concerned. Heck, he might even let you take it for a little test drive (or maybe just a ride). Try to put a price on that...

My .02
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa

Quote Originally Posted by 72targa View Post
    You probably won't like my answer, but...

I would actually be happiest just GIVING it to the owner of the original car. A lot better Porsche karma down the road as far as I'm concerned. Heck, he might even let you take it for a little test drive (or maybe just a ride). Try to put a price on that...

My .02
    +1. It's what I would do too.
    Michael
    Vintage Seats Owner
    http://www.vintageseats.com

Correct Porsche 911 ST, RSR, RS, R, 356GT and 914-6 GT seats.