Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Solitude Revival - Great film

That was just great! Wonderful sounds, thank god they didn't add music.
    '74 leichtbau
    "Sascha"
    R Grp 246
    S Reg 823

Brilliant production. The audio on big speakers is just wonderful. You can almost smell it!

Here's another little bit of Solitude with Milt Minter's 917/10-016. "Der Test" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsujlmW6-uQ
    Last edited by Jens; 04-21-2012 at 07:12 AM.

Zitronengelb R1012 the RatBasterd
    RGruppe #183

Jim...Funny you're mentioning this..."thank god they didn't add music"...it seems like all sound techs and camera-guys "nowadays" must have gone to the same "seminar"...obnoxious and overwhelming back-ground techno-pop makes it almost impossible to hear any comments and the zooming and twisting together with the 0.002sec framing makes me screeam!.....forget Speedvision, ABC-sports,"Velocity" they are all the same...Drives me nuts!...What's wrong with these guys?...

I agree, this was refreshingly void of all that crap...I feel better now....../ Lars...
    Last edited by larwik; 04-21-2012 at 08:37 AM.
    Lars Wikblad...

Early 911 "S" Registry # 527
    "R" Gruppe # 314

Quote Originally Posted by Jens View Post
    Here's another little bit of Solitude with Milt Minter's 917/10-016. "Der Test" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsujlmW6-uQ
    Not Solitude, testing FOR Solitude.

Great sound. So good that I could tell in the first drive-by that it wasn't a turbo. 917/10-016 also wasn't a Milt Minter Can-Am car, although I think that Milt eventually drove it in a historic event and that's why his name is on it. It was originally the Ernst Kraus 1973 Interseries car. Milt's Can-Am 917 was the 917PA now owned by Collier. Non-turbo motor here with the turbo bodywork (except for engine-cover) as raced by Kraus. Still an awesome car and probably easier to drive than one with a turbo. No better music than a 917 at full-chat, but I wish that they had used a camera with a glare shield...