Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: new 85 ltr rs plastic tanks - what price

new 85 ltr rs plastic tanks - what price

Hi Guys , what's the best price you have gotten when buying the new tanks ? i need to find the best deal and save some coin
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Porsche has put a hold on selling them. I have one at Sunset Porsche and they can't sell it to me becuae they got a call from Porsche Germany saying do not sell them until further notice. That was weeks ago. Maybe they didn't pass some kind of laws to be sold in the US? Nobody knows yet. I was going to pay about $1,500.00 from Sunset Porsche. Some resellers have bought many and marked them up. Maybe that was smart or not depending on what's wrong with them. I don't know?? When I get the info from Sunset I'll let you guys know.
    72S, 72T now ST

Please do as i am after one asap when i sort the right price , maybe they might do a deal if shipped off shore ....
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook

Didn't know that,,,sure glad I already have mine. Installed and working.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Quote Originally Posted by Longballa View Post
    Porsche has put a hold on selling them. I have one at Sunset Porsche and they can't sell it to me becuae they got a call from Porsche Germany saying do not sell them until further notice. That was weeks ago. Maybe they didn't pass some kind of laws to be sold in the US? Nobody knows yet. I was going to pay about $1,500.00 from Sunset Porsche. Some resellers have bought many and marked them up. Maybe that was smart or not depending on what's wrong with them. I don't know?? When I get the info from Sunset I'll let you guys know.
    I also order plastic fuel tank thru Sunset Porsche and yes, the price was about $1500 approx,
    Tank was put on hold after it was delivered to sunset porsche about 6 weeks ago.
    I got e-mail yesterday from them, that replacement tank arrived, and going to be delivered in next couple of days.

Peter Kaufmann
    Last edited by kaufmanp; 04-18-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufmanp View Post
    I also order plastic tank thru Sunset Porsche, Tank was put on hold after it was delivered about 6 weeks ago.
    i got e-mail yesterday from them, that replacement tank arrived, and going to be delivered in next couple of days.

peter kaufmann

would that suggest that there was a molding fault?
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook

John,

The plastic tank had to be ordered from germany, I waited 6 weeks or so for delivery,Sunset Porsche notified me it had arrived.
    i had paid for the tank but then they would not deliver it to me, they said that they had received some correspondence from germany re: my tank. ie do not deliver to customer.
    I am led to believe i received another ie replacement tank.

Peter Kaufmann
    Last edited by kaufmanp; 04-18-2012 at 07:36 PM.

A friend of mine has ordered a brand new one from our local Porsche dealer and has taken delivery of it last week, price around 1300 Euro.
    Andrea
    Andrea
    Early S registry #1082

It always amazes me the price differaces from country to coun try. To show how much we get ripped off down here I asked the local opc to price and with my discount they quoted 4620nz.
    Another example was just an oil line , from pelican approx 94nz , from the opc 422nz
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook

john,

discounted price in Sydney was A$3200 Approx from memory.

The price from Sunset Porsche incl. the 3 hold down brackets as well.

you will also need the additional inlet pipe and a flexible incl. clamps unless you are replacing an existing plastic tank in which case you would

probably reuse these items?

peter kaufmann
    Last edited by kaufmanp; 04-19-2012 at 12:04 AM.