Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 26, 2012

2012 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run - Saturday, May 26, 2012

This will be our third annual Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run!. Over the last two years attendance has been strong and we expect nothing less this year. We would like to keep the bulk of the cars "Euro" related (BMW, Porsche, Mercedes, Audi, Volkswagen, Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc) but if you have friends with nice cars that are outside of those parameters, certainly feel free to invite them. The only reason we're not inviting all makes and models is to keep it from growing to hundreds of cars (which it has been in the past).

2012 Euro Philly Cheesesteak Run Saturday, May 26, 2012

9:00 am - Meet in Rockville at Mid-Pike Plaza, Toys R Us parking lot
    11802 Rockville Pike
    North Bethesda, MD 20852

Leave promptly at 10:00 am. It takes approximately three hours to get to Philly from here (with tolls and stops factored in).

11:45 am - Arrive at Delaware House rest stop to regroup and use the restrooms.

12:15 pm - Get back on the road towards Philly.

1:00 pm - arrive at Tony Luke's Cheesesteaks
    39 East Oregon Avenue
    Philadelphia, PA 19148

FACEBOOK EVENT <------ click for the event on Facebook.

If you live in the PA, NJ, DE, NY etc area and don't want to join the cruise (or want to set up your own), just meet at Tony Luke's around
    1:00 pm. If you organize any of your own cruises, please let me know and I will spread the word.

Parking - the best place to park is next to the Tony Lukes restaurant, under I-95. There are at least a few hundred parking spaces so parking will not be an issue. There is also a small parking lot across the street for about 20 cars.

Eating - Across the street from the restaurant is the "steak shop" and that's where I recommend you get your food. There will be quite a line but it will be worth the wait. The restaurant has limited seating and will fill up quick with all the people that are coming.

If you post this on any other forums that I haven't included, please post the link here so I can update the list!

Pics from 2011
    Pics from 2010

A video from last year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIkpFtlcX74

Forums this will be posted on:
    6 Speed Online
    Audizine
    Bimmerforums
    E46 Fanatics
    E90 Post
    Early 911 Registry
    Ferrari Chat
    Gruppe Titan
    Luxury4Play
    M3 Post
    Maserati Life
    Planet-9
    Saab Link
    VW Vortex

Copied from M3Forum:

For those in NOVA there is a small caravan gathering at Tysons II at 7:45. This will be on the top parking deck by Cheesecake Factory. From there they will depart around 8:30 and caravan to the Rockville meeting spot.

I haven't tracked how many are confirmed from the forums, but as of right now there are 60 "confirmed" and 30 "maybe" on Facebook! Hope to have another awesome run this year!

Bump! Hope to see some good P-car representation!

Bump for this weekend! Weather.com is saying it's going to be 86 degrees with a 30% chance of rain.

For those coming from the north, there's a group meeting in Brooklyn, then stopping at the Thomas Edison service area on the turnpike (between exits 12 and 11) around 9:30am and continuing on to Tony Lukes. All are welcome to join. Here's a link for directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=ca...via=1&t=m&z=10

Additionally, after the meet, some of us are going down to the Simeone Automotive Museum which is just a short drive away (about 10 minutes down I-95). http://simeonemuseum.org
    Last edited by Tonk; 05-22-2012 at 08:43 PM.

For those of you who are coming from Northern Virginia, there is a small caravan gathering at Tysons II at 7:45am. This will be on the top parking deck by Cheesecake Factory. From there they will depart around 8:30am and caravan to the Rockville meeting spot. All are welcome to join.

Just as a heads up everyone - someone on Bimmerforums posted: "Just an FYI.....Oregon Ave has been totally stripped of asphalt from Delaware to Broad, so wear your stone-chip gards/front-end bras etc. Ill update if its been black-topped before the event."

I personally haven't seen how bad the road conditions will be so just be careful and drive with caution.

Update on the road surface, as of yesterday:

Quote Originally Posted by jchung9825 View Post
    New black top paved today.
    Quote Originally Posted by audiavant View Post
    Black-top is done, no lines as of 3:00pm but fresh road surface.

Thanks to everyone that came out yesterday! We had another great attendance this year with approximately 100 cars coming out. We even had a Gallardo Superleggera and a Ferrari F430 come up with us from Maryland, plus a Delorean! Unfortunately there weren't many Porsches at all, just one very nice 997.

There was a backup due to an accident but besides that, there was absolutely no traffic the whole way up, not even at the tolls.

Once I start seeing photos and videos start to surface I'll post them up.