Thread: Finding info on a factory-owned 911SC

Finding info on a factory-owned 911SC

Back in 2005 I purchased a '78 911SC on ebay. It's been a great car for me, a daily driver for a few years needing very little for the miles I piled on it. The car is a RoW car, only option being the automatic heat control,radio and center console. It's very barebones, no AC, no sunroof, etc. It's a very early SC, 9118300015. The original German owners manual came with the car also, showing the factory to be the original owner and the first several servicings to be at Weissach. I would love to find out what they were doing with the car.
    owners manual info.jpgowners manual servicing.jpg
    Dave Ebersole
    '78 SC
    Registry #873

beer runs ;-)
    scott kinder
    kindersport@gmail.com

Registry #614

9110220587 - 1973 RSR revival in progress
    My Car Thread: "Five-Eighty-Seven..."
    “If it isn't there, it didn't cost anything, it doesn't weigh anything and can't break." - From the philosophy of Grady Clay

Of all the different possibilities, I hadn't considered that one
    Dave Ebersole
    '78 SC
    Registry #873

Nord Stern Region of PCA....west coast side of Region
    No evidence of a logbook anywhere ? A trip sheet of sorts to sign out when in use ? This may well have been kept by the factory........

The car the factory gave us to tour in circa spring of 91, had a logbook / sign-out folder and listed date, mission, km reading, driver, date returned, and comments section. As we sat there looking over the names in the book, it was astonishing all the familiar car drivers, engineers, friends of family, etc, that had used the car. The mission section had numerous trips to the Villa where Ferry and his wife lived.

Am thinking the car you now own was used for a similar duty ? I seem to think there were about 4 or 5 similar cars used for this then, as there were several 911's, a 928, a 944S2 and a 944 Turbo all in a row parked by our car when we arrived. We watched as the PCA club liasion took the book from the glovebox and signed it over......there was a great bunch of titlework and official documents stating ownership of the car in case of involvement with the Police or to be shown at border crossings....which I am glad was thoroughly pointed out to us, as we were asked about it several times, especially crossing over into what was the old DDR.

There were not alot of Km on the car we used, less than 5,000 when we picked it up at Werk 1 , but we returned it with our names dutifully signed in, and about 6,000 more Km added. Would guess it was on to a new owner shortly, as the liasion asked if we were at all interested in purchasing the car after our trip thru Europe. Now, I wish we would have done just that.

Did you ever make an attempt to call the offices in Ludwigsburg, make an inquiry to the Porsche Club liasion or the dept. that does COA's to see if they could answer any questions ?
    Best Regards,
    mrgreenjeans
    member # 1503

-'68 -912 Red
    -'74 -914-2.0 litre - Sunflower
    -'82/83 -944 -M404 - Guards Red
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Guards Red -Weissach Prep. -H52
    -'84 -944 -M456 - Zermatt Silver
    -'84 -944 -M404 - Sunroof Delete - Ruby Red
    -'85.2 - 944 -M456 -Zermatt / Sport Purposes
    -'86 -944 -R74 Spt.Touring Pkg - White/Burgandy
    -'88 -944 - Jubilee Ltd. Ed. -Satin Black Met/Grey Plaid
    -'88 -911 - Tourist Delivery -Venetian Blue
    -'89 -944 Turbo M030 - Satin Black Met.

I really wasn't sure where to start but you gave me some good ideas. Thanks!
    Dave Ebersole
    '78 SC
    Registry #873