Thread: Parting out my car; '70 T but really a bastard longhood of all sorts of years

Parting out my car; '70 T but really a bastard longhood of all sorts of years

Have decided i'm never really going to track a 911 but would like to track SOMETHING so the 911 is going to have to go to fund it.

Car had hard front right encounter with fairly large tree so front right stuff is kaput. Tub is kaput (per Euro Pros celette jig so don't bother). Motor and trans are out of the car and on dollies, glass all good, one good (and nearly new) H4, pair of lovely GTS Nurburgring seats (driver side has some hard to see rip underneath from seat frame rubbing), gauges all very nice condition (T tach), dash is not an original i think as it has no separate speaker grill but it is in like new shape, chrome trim in good shape, rear push bars excellent, rear grill good, script on rear good, door handles look great though one never did really 'grab' until it was almost fully squeezed, rear deck lid (not AL) in great shape, doors most likely fine (she did twist so really hard to say but they surely look good), interior very good except for carpet, 5 fuchs wheels (no hearts) in good shape (polished over black), left suspension and rear shocks had been bought from elephant shortly before her demise, trans is 911 type, motor is a 2.4 with Paul Abbot rebuilt (and tuned) webers currently wearing a converted liestritz sport muffler (great sound). She hasn't been turned since 3/10 when the motor was removed from the car. Gas tank will need a cleaning out from old fuel probably but was a newer repro part. sunroof mech not really working well (they never effing do) so probably not worth fooling with. fair amount of fresh ruber. Front hood probably needs some tweaking but certainly not a loss.

Would prefer to sell the entire lot to someone with a suburban or enclosed trailer to pick it up with. I will help you pull everything off the car down to the last nut and bolt. Tub has been promised to Euro Pros as they would like it for reference on welds. As I said, the tub is not worth any effort.

$7k will buy you every single thing on the car but the tub itself (you get doors, etc) as well as motor, trans, 5 fuchs and 4 15x7 cookie cutters, a spare front bumper i had sourced when planning to rebuild (pre celette jig).

Will post pics as soon as i can get them together. If you search my posts here and on the bird i'm sure there are a few.

I have some video of the car on youtube under 'longhoodfan'. Picture below is pre wreck of course and on cookies.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

interested on the single H4 if Bosch Germany.

Sorry forgot to mention car is on eastern shore of Maryland.

Lots of pms on various parts but i'm going to hold for now on selling the entire package. If someone out there has a good tub they can have a nearly done car for a lot less than current market. This was my dream and may still happen one day with another car but for now I just want to find the cheapest way to keep hoosier in business and p-cars are definitely NOT the answer. Not to mention i just don't have the garage space for two cars. Tried it before (actually two cars + a bike) and it was a constant battle for space. Spec pinata is the likely destination....
    Erik

Early S # 1107

All my german equipment is either busted or sold...sigh....in the market for a decent non-sunroof tub!!!!!!! Help me get back to autocrossing!!!

Hi
    Would you mind posting a pic of the damaged side? I just ask because I'm interested to see how badly damaged a 911 needs to eb that it cant be jigged. Sorry, just interested, no worries if you dont want to.
    cheers

This is a great package for someone on the East Coast, wish it was out West!

Thanks for the comment. I think i've priced it right and reflected a discount for taking the whole package. Funny thing is it seems all the good tubs are, to use a sample from the beasties on this sad day for fans, 'way out west'.

Lots of great enthusiasts here on the east coast though and I really miss the fellowship. However I have a client who races SM and I recently got to crew for him at a 12hr enduro and it was the most car related fun i've had in a long time. Really want to be involved in track time beyond just watching from the bleachers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by berettafan; 05-04-2012 at 11:08 AM.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

Hi Erik,
    is the engine a 2.0L built to 2.4 specs or is it an original 2.4L? Also, is the trans a 915? Thanks.
    Andy (VA).

As I recall the trans type is '911' as in not '901' and not '915'. In between in think in terms of development.

Motor is a 2.4 that I was told has 2.2S pistons and S cams in it. Paul Abbott was fairly certain it doesn't have S cams based on power curve after driving it but it doesn't fall flat at 5k either. Was, again reportedly, sourced/built for PO by a guy that worked for the turbo master wrench in Ga though i can't remember his name at the moment. He passed away some years back and I didn't want to disturb his family trying to find better records. Also told it has lightweight flywheel which I would tend to believe based on how it felt off throttle.

t-bars are 22/28. Has interior bits for ac but mechanicals of the ac have long since been junked. actually had to sell the milk crate holding them for $1 at Hershey to get rid of the compressor and such. heavy useless crap.
    Last edited by berettafan; 05-04-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Erik

Early S # 1107

have sent you a PM ...definitely interested