Thread: 901.543.493.20

Has anyone got a picture of the "window sealing strips" 901.543.493.20 installed I just noticed I don't have them on my car. Thanks.
    Richard
    70T 3.2 Max Moritz GP White
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

Not really a picture but a diagram (item #26) is what I think you are looking for: http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-p...=90154349320#a

Keith

http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/store/cart.php

They are just a thin felt strip, to give some padding to the B pillar.

Those are installed so that when looking at the B pillar from the quarter glass side you won't see the body color paint on the B pillar. (at least that's my best guess!!)
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

edmayo,
    Thats my guess too, right now I see the paint on the B pillar from that very angle, just wondered if anyone had a photo showing that place. I ordered a couple of the "window sealing strips" as Porsche calls them. Thank you.
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

I believe there are photos showing that installation in shop manual Vol.1 body section.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Its actually Vol. II page B22 but god love 'em it doesn't help or mention the "window sealing strips" that are in the parts catalogue.
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

Richard, aren't you talking about fig.56??
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

edmayo,
    I don't think so, if you look at Fig. 57 that material looks to be on the outside of the B pillar, unless it wraps around the whole pillar. I will know when I receive the pieces.
    Richard
    74 BMW 2002tii Inca
    54 Ford F100 Two Tone

That's correct, the ones that I have installed cover both front and back of the pillar with slits that you have to cut to insert the quarter window tabs. Guess I should have photographed that job!!!
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.