Thread: OT - Walter Brown

OT - Walter Brown

Hi everyone, this is my first post here on the registry and I wanted it to be a tribute to my friend Walter Brown. Walter lived in Newburgh, NY and was heavily 911 dosed... specifically '72 & '73. He passed away a few years ago and he is terribly missed. He used to RIP IT everywhere, but especially on 9W between West Point and Newburgh. If any of his old buddies hang out here in the registry, especially Mike & Glen, I hope all is well.

nice post. a couple of years ago, i met the east coast gang for the first time in a truck stop roach-motel(selected by me), in Newburgh NY. 4 early 911s, next to a dozen tractor trailers. nobody really got any sleep from the constant truck traffic. although dinner was really good about 5 minutes away in the "right" side of town, in a tablecloth restaurant.

please post photos.

Help ma they're gunna wash my car

Newburgh is definitely known for its exaggerated "right" & "left" side, it's home for me! Walter's 911 looks the same as the image at the bottom of your posts Reza, is that one yours? Wondering if that "truck stop" gathering you attended might have had his being presented by one of his fellows? You said it was a couple years ago, Walter lifted off in 2006. I know I have a couple photos of Walter mobile, but not from the digital age. I will have to dig 'em up and scan 'em. Here is a pic of him though.

Walter.jpg

Similar Threads

1. Walter Bonatti RIP
    By steve shea in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2011, 02:35 PM
  2. Lap with Walter Rohrl in the 904
    By lkadams in forum Other Porsche Passions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2011, 05:43 AM
  3. Walter Rohrl?
    By Milou in forum Off Topic