Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey puck assembly

Hockey puck assembly

I failed in searching for a exploded diagram or good description of how the hockey puck horn button goes together, can someone help?
    Basically, I found all of the parts to put in a 4-spoke wheel with hockey puck button but the horn button parts came un-assambled. I'm not sure of the order of the insulating washers relative to each other and the metal contacts. I've been staring at them for a while but I can't make a logical flow of electrons that makes sense. Since the horn button's retention springs were very stiff and they made it difficult to remove the button during my test fitting, I thought I would save my neighbor's from a 10 minute horn blast by trying to get it right the first time. Thanks!
    Registry #1917
    1971 Condagrun 911T targa
    1974 Indisrot Carrera coupe (US)
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Does this help?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1968 Coupe
    901/10 with 2.2 Ps and Cs
    Webers
    911/01
    7s on all corners
    Now Sold

Peter, thanks for the reply.
    But, what is labeled simply as #20 is actually made up as two larger, pressed contacts and three types of washers held to the horn button by three screws. So, I'm not sure what order the washers and the contacts are installed. For example, my best guess is the following order from the driver's side going into the steering column: button, larger contact, rubber washer, smaller contact, fiber washer, metal washer(?).
    Thanks.
    Registry #1917
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

I have a picture on my phone of the back of a factory assembled hockey puck. I can email or text it to you if you pm me your contact info.

Jim, I got the photo. Many thanks, that is exactly what I was looking for!
    Registry #1917
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Thanks to Jim, the horn button went on without a hitch. I never liked the three-spoke wheel in '74 Carreras, so thanks to the Zuffenhaus retro-fitting hub the car now sports a 4-spoke RS wheel. As an added benefit, the thinner wheel allows me to see the 60 to 80 mph range when driving!

Registry #1917
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS

Hello, I need the same help. Can you please post that picture or email it to me: rssinghmd@gmail.com. Thank you.

I would appreciate the photo being reposted too... i have dismantled the hockey puck to chrome the ring and use a replacement leather, and now need to know where to position the embossed shield to make sure it lines up when installed... I know I should have taken photos as I dismantled... we live and learn!!!
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Hopefully these help. These are of a batwing oriented for the correct leather insert placement but should work:
    Attached Images Attached Images     

I was just able to get back to this thread, thanks for replying 68911+1
    @sunlion and Stephen, I can search for the other photo if you want to see it.
    Registry #1917
    1972 BMW Polaris 3.0 CS