Thread: The Time Machine, 68 triumph t100c competition

The Time Machine, 68 triumph t100c competition

I just picked up this bike from a family friend. 6k og miles never dropped, all paint original, runs perfectly. Wanted to share some pics and learn a bit about it. My brother and I got it for my dad but he is reluctant to ride it for fear of dinging the tank.Purchased new at burbank triumph ,the original registration is still taped under the seat! We may let it go to a collector or a museum at some point but I would like to ride it to some local(socal) shops or shows. Comments welcome. Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by chiroracer; 05-15-2012 at 09:14 AM.

Unfortunately you just missed the Brit bike gathering at Hansen Dam two weeks ago...

Ride the thing, just make sure everything works the way it should and enjoy! I ride my 73 BMW all the time, it had 4800 original miles when I resurrected it 10 years ago.

DSC00957.jpg
    Stefan Josef Koch
    RGruppe #194/SRegistry #1063
    1969 Porsche 911E, Light Ivory (38 years and counting)
    2015 Porsche Cayman S
    2012 BMW R1200GS, 1973 BMW R75/5

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools." -E. Hemingway

Barber Museum near Birmingham AL may have interest although I'm pretty sure they have a perfect one for display already. A few years ago a buddy had one of these in 100% concours condition. Sold it for a good bit of money.
    I do have a friend in the vintage Brit bike business that I can put you in touch with. He runs a clean show and can be trusted 110%.

Good luck!

http://www.barbermuseum.org/index-full.php

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

BSA 1973 B50 MX... The last Hoo-Rah from a dying legend!

My newest toy...

Another time machine all original unrestored 1973 B50 MX.... The end of the end for BSA!
    To little to late... 500cc, Conical Hubs, Cerrianis and a lightened frame were all great ideas but three years to late. And yes even in mint original unrestored condition it leaks oil exactly like a BSA should!!!

Those darn old English engineers were obviously very set in their ways and their minds could not be changed on some details. While doing everything else to lighten the bike they insisted that the B50 MX must have a 20lb Cast Iron center stand. All dirt bikes should have a cast iron center stand that bangs against the swing arm on even small jumps... Very useful at times though especially when you are kicking your brains out on a bike with Lucas ignition components

RIP BSA
    Last edited by execmalibu; 06-22-2012 at 07:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by execmalibu View Post
    My newest toy...

Another time machine all original unrestored 1973 B50 MX.... The end of the end for BSA!
    To little to late... 500cc, Conical Hubs, Cerrianis and a lightened frame were all great ideas but three years to late. And yes even in mint original unrestored condition it leaks oil properly exactly like a BSA should!!!

Those darn old English engineers were obviously very set in their ways and their minds could not be changed on some details. While doing everything else to lighten the bike they insisted that the B50 MX must have a 20lb Cast Iron center stand. All dirt bikes should have a cast iron center stand that bangs against the swing arm on even small jumps... Very useful at times though especially when you are kicking your brains out on a bike with Lucas ignition components

RIP BSA
    Complete with oil leak...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687