Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Porsche 1967 911S

Porsche 1967 911S

Check this 911S for sale on ebay. not mine. comments. thx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1967-...t_25352wt_1182

Banned
    Missing correct rocker panel decos, S aluminum interior panel mouldings, and proper headlights, just to name a few things.
    $130k? If someone is going to go this far with a restoration, why not do it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Missing correct rocker panel decos, S aluminum interior panel mouldings, and proper headlights, just to name a few things.
    $130k? If someone is going to go this far with a restoration, why not do it right?
    The list is longer but you've hit the highlights. Who cut off the air cleaner intake? Billy Ray Bob Schwachsinnige?

Tom
    Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

Yee Haw! Sugar Scoop headlights and full polished Fuchs on a '67S...oh the humanity!

Love how the banner for their dealership "Motorcar Investments" features an early Ferrari Mondial coupe...probably one of the worst "investments" one could make.
    Last edited by 911E4ME; 05-22-2012 at 05:22 AM.

Give me a week with the car and all will be right.... I think what strikes me so hard about the presentation is not the car, it's the words.

And I quote:
    Every detail of this restoration was done to the highest standard. We cannot stress enough the correctness and the quality of the complete restoration. The Bahama Yellow paint is absolutely flawless. The interior quality is impeccable and correct down to the lastdetail.....

At this price it should be "more correct", as you'll spend a little bit more to correct the details. Course these cars aren't exactly falling off of trees, but it's spendy enough as of this date in terms of pricing that it shouldn't have any needs.

Besides the items previously noted:

Front and rear rubber deco isn't correct
    Should be black undercoated, not painted
    Rear spring plates should be black
    Engine compartment should be black
    Trunk should be black
    Trunk carpet shouldn't be "bound" on the outside edges, and it's the wrong material to begin with.
    Dash knobs shouldn't have the later rubber covers
    Should have silver wiper arms and blades
    Should have black paint under rear engine grill (imho, as I've had two 67s with OEM paint in that area that were bahama yellow).
    Paint looks a little orange in some light, but could be the pics.
    Engine lid supports should be black
    Incorrect and not enough decals on rear slam panel
    Sunvisors are all black, should be split black/offwhite
    Incorrect antenna.
    Hood badge looks to have the red bars, not orange.
    Should have silver lug nuts not black
    Rear view mirror should have black plastic on back of it, not chrome (serial number shows to be a later car and should have this type of mirror).
    A lot of engine stuff can't be seen, but it also has a blue coil, not black, needs the orange rear window heat foam tubes
    The distributor cap should be dark brown
    It has front bumper end caps, and there shouldn't be any at all.
    The front quarter windows should have chrome latch handles not plastic covered
    The turn and tail light assemblies have the bad repro plastic inserts. For this money they should be good originals or NOS.

And that's with my crappy monitor....
    Last edited by Soterik; 05-22-2012 at 08:25 AM.

The COA does not show an "S" after the number.
    Dale Thero S Registry # 200

Dale, I wouldn't sweat that, COA's are notorious for being incorrect/incomplete. It's stamped correctly in the body, and the door pillar post tag has the correct S after the serial number (it always looks like kinda an afterthought the way it's stamped, but that's the way they did it).

The engine number is listed as 962073 on the COA. The two previous cars have very similar engine numbers, 308429S has engine 962080, and 308430S has engine 962076 (it's also Bahama yellow).

e

PS, saw your old race car at Dave's a few weeks ago (I have two cars there), and here it's going back to stock/street!
    Last edited by Soterik; 05-22-2012 at 08:38 AM.

It's a bit odd...look at the "S" stamp on the paint code tag. On the three '67 911S I've inspected closely, the "S" is stamped partially into the black area of the tag...almost like an afterthought. This one has room to spare. Were some of the paint tags stamped this nicely?

Quote Originally Posted by 911E4ME View Post
    Love how the banner for their dealership "Motorcar Investments" features an early Ferrari Mondial coupe...probably one of the worst "investments" one could make.
    I want the Countach at the bottom of the ad...
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

My ex '67 S was a one owner time capsule with original paint and ~35k miles. The front VIN tag looks a little off to me too, but it could just be the lighting or maybe the tag was acid dipped on the yellow one.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 911E4ME; 05-22-2012 at 08:50 AM.